Onedrop newbie

I just got my new onedrop benchmark V 2014, and I have a few question.

1. I found that the yoyo is dying easily when I doing tricks, how to improve this?
  2. Flat bearing maybe is still to difficult for me, can I change the yoyo bearing to KK bearing?
  3. How to improve my throwing skill to ensure the string keep in the center of the flat bearing?
1 Like

Yes

Change bearing

The string won’t stay in the center of the flat bearing. If you really enjoy the feel of a OD flat bearing, but you want more performance you can replace pads with recessed flowable.

2 Likes

Hey Danny, welcome to the forum! I’m not sure of your skill level, but I imagine if you’re researching and purchasing higher end metal yoyos that you have a good idea of what you’re doing.

The bearing might be making things more difficult with trying to keep the string centered. If you need more experience with throwing straight, it’s really a matter of looking up a few videos of how to throw and then just practicing a ton. Eventually throwing straight will become second nature, it just takes some time.

You can try cleaning the bearing and/or replacing the response pads to help it soon longer. There are a bunch of helpful videos around for yoyo maintenance.

2 Likes

I would say to practice even more than you are now so you can Nail it down. You’ve got a great throw, now go throw it Sir.

1 Like

I love one drops but they aren’t going to be breaking any records on spin time changing to a string center bearing will help but the best way to get better results it to just keep practicing . The cleaner you play the more spin time you will get .

3 Likes

You should try the 70+ gram GZR Burnside! Power for days!

1 Like

Yeah I haven’t tried that one , but there definitely quite a few that spin for a long time but I think most people get one drops because they like the design or the feel of the yo-yo . It just meshes well with them. I didn’t mean it as a diss for one drop because honestly I probably have more one drop than anything else.

3 Likes

I’d say that there are definitely One Drops that are at/near the top of the spin time charts. I timed one of my VTWOs from throw to spin extinction and it came in at over 11 minutes. I suspect that is right there at the top end of any list of monometals.

6 Likes

Yeah the overture , intro , kuntosh , also have great spintimes

1 Like