Onedrop finger spins

O.k. So I am a huge fan of onedrop yoyos; so much so that if my wife and I were still in the child-bearing era I’d name my next kid OneDrop, or Yelets or Dang maybe. But I have not been able to do finger spins with the available inventory. Sure, it could be that I’m lousy at finger spins, but that we be me taking responsibility for my own inadequacies. I’d far rather blame someone else. So in the spirit of blaming someone else; hey guys at One Drop, how come there is no bowl shaped se? Wouldn’t that be awesome (can I get an, “Amen”)?

Thanking you in adavance,
yo^2

1 Like

My uneducated guess is that they like sticking with the side effect system since it has multiple different advantages when it comes to daily use. You can switch them out to change the play of the yoyo, never have to worry about it stripping, lets them add center weight to it, etc.

This would be very nice!

Amen!

Coming soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh my goodness…

If you’re looking for name suggestions, how about… Odie?! ;D

To answer your question about bowl shaped Side Effects…we just haven’t gotten a chance machine some! With a constant queue of yo-yos being machined and corresponding SE, it’s difficult finding pockets of time to work new SE Projects. Shawn(The Machinist) constantly has his hands deep in the machines, measuring all sorts of things, making sure they all run smooth. Making good yo-yos isn’t as easy as it seems. On top of that, we’re moving across town into a new building. Lots is happening here in Eugene, Oregon. At this very moment, we’re like 20% up and running. Once the dust settles, we’ll get back to creating more Side Effects and yo-yos of course! Until then, step up that finger spinning game!

4 Likes

Wow! Cool! O.k. So while I’ve got the big man’s ear… How about bringing back the stunt pegs?
(Too much?)

i find it easy to fingerspin on may OD yoyos…

then again, i have been doing the trick for almost 3 years, soooooo… :stuck_out_tongue:

I asked this on question on another thread, but would you guys ever do side effects with the one drop logo on it, kind of like how the past rallys looked?

If you don’t mind me asking; which yoyo are you using, and which se?

You can fingerspin on a lot of OD yoyos. Just don’t expect it to sit perfectly horizontal and centered for a minute like some other yoyos. :wink:

UNLESS OF COURSE…

You do the spike matador or the ultra-light “ghetto matador”, in which case you can get a rather lengthy “fingerspin” going on. :wink:

One of my best fingerspins ever was on a Valor, I just landed it perfectly in the axle hole and it stayed there perfectly balanced on my fingertip. I’ve done something similar on OD yo-yos with ultralights, but the one on the Valor was just a picture of perfection :slight_smile:

Let me clarify :slight_smile: Finger spin SEs are somewhere on our todo list but pretty low. We are however coming out with a new yoyo that is really good for finger spins. That’s what I meant by coming soon.

2 Likes

not at all my freind! i have done it on… (all w/ spike se’s unless noted otherwise)
-code 2
-yelets
-unengraved chik
-rally (surprisingly good for them might i add)
-gradient (not good, but i can for ~10 seconds on a super hard throw)
-dang (ultralights)
-code 1
-burnside (no se’s)
-Valor (no se’s)
-sakura se (sakura se’s)
-all 7 benchmarks, the longest-spinning-on-your-finger one is the 2013 O
-T1
-downbeat w/ ultralights
-cascade
-markmont classic w/ markmont se’s
-summit

phew #onedroplove :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. Ok., so I just need to try harder…put my back into it…never say die. Got it!

I prefer my Valor over the Horizon for fingerspins. Both are great though.

1 Like

Yeah, man. You get an Amen!

If you really want some easy fingerspins, get an Elsyian or however you splurr it by Eternal Throw. FYI some people say it’s a cheater yoyo

1 Like

Elysian is a legit yoyo, for sure, and the fingerspins are in full “cheat” mode. :wink: I say that as a compliment, though. It’s a design that makes it easy.

My understanding is that the C3 MOVE is a close second to the Elysian in this regard.

1 Like

I can confirm, the C3 Move is HAX-level fingerspins. Never thrown an Elysian, but the MOVE makes fingerspinning easy-as-pie. It’s cheaper than the Elysian as well, which is always a plus.

2 Likes