One Year of Throwing

Here’s one of JT Nickle after only 6 months, and probably with yoyos nowhere near as good as todays.

1 Like

Very nice, OP! You’ve made more progress than I have in my two years time :joy::sob:.

How often do you learn a new trick? I usually throw to veg so I’m usually just throwing casually while I talk to my wife or watch YouTube or something, so my progress is pretty slow.

3 Likes

Sometimes I might learn 2 or 3 new things in a week, but then I’ll spend the next couple months just kinda perfecting them and working them into a combo or trick. Or I might spend time just trying to make something up new myself. I don’t really have IRL yoyo friends so I mostly just learn from YouTube and whatever else I come up with.

5 Likes

I’ve always been curious, how many times does it take to get the clip you like? I rode bmx for 6 years and there were days when we would hit the same spot 10+ times with the camera rolling before we’d stick our line. There are sooo man trick circle clips out there, but how many clips got deleted!?

5 Likes

Bad ■■■ video btw!! As mentioned above, your flow is super smooth. Good editing and song choice as well!

3 Likes

Very impressive!! You are way beyond my skill level and I have been throwing for about 5 years.

5 Likes

Now that I know what you look like I hope I’ll be able to meet you in person at worlds, amazing stuff.
: D

2 Likes

Some of these took quite a few tries to land clean. Especially some of the outdoor ones because the wind can make it a pain to land stuff.

For sure! Hoping to be able to make it out there

3 Likes

Good vid and great skills! You’re way ahead of me! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know right!? Been throwing since my teens and definitely couldn’t keep up with this, but I also learn very sporadically and very slowly. I tend to learn a handful of tricks then I just enjoy perfecting those for a really long time. I’ll do that until I feel like trying something new, it’s super slow but it also keeps it fun for me :smile:.

Also, great video dude. :smiley::clap:

4 Likes

Does anyone want a video made for them?
If you have a bunch of clips, I can edit them together and put it to music.
You get a video, and I get more practice editing. PM me if you’re interested!

4 Likes

It’s nice to have a face to the name…and damn you’re good! Well done man :smiley:

1 Like