One Piece Knots?

Anyone know an effective method of fixing it? I can’t use my wooden fixed axle again because of knots.

1 Like

If the yoyo isn’t a take apart design you have two choices. Untie the knot(s) or try to cut the string away. Sometimes a small pointy object like an unbent paper clip can help untying.

1 Like

Its walls are like 5mm apart so… guess I’m screwed?

I don’t think you have a wooden fixed axle yoyo with a 5mm gap unless it’s something you made. That aside, just try a paper clip.

Alright then. Thanks for the response

Worst case scenario, slide a razer blade in there and just cut the string off of the axle. It’s worked for me in the past, just be careful not to mar the axle itself. It doesn’t take much to cut through string, so just get your blade against it and slide it back and forth gently a couple times. A good tug should do the rest of the work.

5 Likes

It’s amazing how rare this happens, and with practice, it’s pretty easy to remove the knots. If not, cut the string and it’s easier to pull them out.

1 Like

I use a tooth pick for bad knots. The grain of the wood does pretty good at grabbing hold of the string. Embroidery scissors work really well for cutting string out in worst case scenario.

1 Like

Swiss army knife scissors work well too. The toothpick is also good for knots.

1 Like