One high end metal

I have tried the Avalanche and Summit and I might get a Summit actually, because the Chief seems like it would not suite me that well based on reviews.

I’ve encountered a small handful of people who were “meh” on the Chief, one person who actively dislikes the Chief, and a multitude of people who love the Chief.

I’d say the odds are heavily in your favour that you’ll be quite happy with a Chief! You might be the exception, but it’s a pretty low-risk purchase. :wink:

I’m getting a summit soon. Have a avalanche and love it, not a FUN throw, more of a GIT-R-DON contest winner super stable long spinning type thing. The chief is more floaty, funner… That type. But if you want a yoyo that you just love, even though it doesn’t spin the longest or is the most stable, the cascade and puffin are my favorite…
The ac is like a more solid faster chief, not to much competitive natured like the avalanche, but just more solid then the chief.

The thing thats throwing me off is the fact that people say that the Chief is floaty. Doesn’t floaty indicate a large amount of a yoyo’s weight to be distributed towards the center?

Well, I know it’s more like it’s floating rather then clunking like a rock on the end of the string.

I prefer more solid throws though, thats why I might go with either the Summit (The most inexpensive), BvM2 (Its a V-Shaped throw), AC (Solid), or Ava. (Solid)

I would say ac, I loved mine, faster then a Ava.

So far all of the throws have been recommended to me… Why does CLYW have to make such good yoyos!!!

Most people are recommending CLYW because you listed mostly CLYW.

If you want an outside recommendation… you could always go for an El Ranchero. :wink: It’s not too floaty. Super-stable. Grinds… not so much. IRG is great but surface has no texture for other grinds.

Well i can only get one, so I thought it would be the safest option because so many people have CLYWs

Yup…

I personally don’tpay much attention to clyw throws. I don’t know why, they justdon’t seem to interest me haha. But onedrop… onedrop’s awesome. Get a cascade! It’s amazing… Code 2’s nice too… It’s more stable, buta lottle slower than the Cascade… Code 2’s probablybetter performing butCascade is more fun IMO. Dietz is an extremely fun throw as well but I don’t think you’re looking for undersized… The format:C looks verrryyy promising as well, but I havent tried itmyself.

If you want CLYW, but not a Chief, the Summit’s nice as well.

They got too much hype bruh…

The only issue with OD stuff is that they don’t fit my preferences. The Cascade has that bell shape, which doesn’t attract me to it. And the Code 2 has very little color choices. I did try a Code 1, but it just wasn’t wide enough

Yyj Phenom… Absolute speed demon! Pretty stable as well, awesome throw! And its V shape ;D

Its even thinner than the Code 1 and I don’t classify myself as fast. :-\

1 Like

Ahhh… meant to quote…

Anyways, you’re fast dude, Ive seen your vids :wink:

How about the Wrath? I havent tried it but I havent heard of a single person that doesnt like it, and it’s full sized, and pretty wide, blasted as well(Im pretty sure) and comes with a bunch of extras!

I agree completely. I’ve run into a few people who aren’t really hot on the Chief and one person who flat out dislikes it. Most people like the Chief. Preferences are really key.

Not an ideal example, but the dv888… while I’m glad I have it, it’s not a favorite. I know people who love it, and know people who hate it. For me, it’s “well, it gets the job done, nothing special”.

Regardless of what anyone chooses to purchase, if it’s something unfamiliar, there’s a risk of preferences saying “nope”. For me, preferences usually say “yes”.

In general, I find the Chief to be a safe bet.

Wraths are AWESOME! There’s something about it that feels smaller than fullsized, though. Not quite sure what that is. It’s more on the lighter side of things, though. If you want “solid”, Wrath is not the best option. But it’s a fantastic yoyo.

The Avalanche is an older design.
But when it was released, it was THE competition throw for those who had one.
The newer version has modifications but not a huge amount. It plays exceptional, especially considering it is an “older” designed yoyo.

The Chief was the throw that started CLYW’s double rim that you’ll see on most of their stuff now.
It, again, was the “go to” competition throw for the time until the BvM2 came along.

The Arctic Circle has a narrower gap, much like the older version of the Avalanche.
It’s much less forgiving but it’s a good yoyo if you like a “solid” feel.

The BvM2 is CLYW’s go-to competition throw right now. Not much more to say than that.

If you do stray out of the CLYW stuff, here’s some newer stuff I’ve run into recently that play very well:

SpinDynamics Flow. Very fast and a little lighter in weight but definitely awesome. Just bounces on the string.

WERRD Irony (or Irony Japan). Any version. One of the best playing “series” of yoyo’s, no matter which yearly version you come by.

SPYY Amplifier. It’s a company with a huge history that recently left the yoyo scene but this yoyo is THE monster if you like heavier throws.

C3… line in general. A company with amazing line of angular yoyo’s. The last one I’ve tried in their high-end line was the original Berserker but it left an amazing impression on me. I would expect no less from their newer stuff like the KROWN, Mo-vitation, and Berserker RX.

I’ve listed some more “accessible” yoyo’s.

If you find anything below 40mm too slim, I think you may need to work on refining your tricks a little more. Back a couple years or so, anything beyond 40mm was too wide!

1 Like

Turning Point Maxbet