One Drop YoYos Official News

Sorry for the late post guys! Here are the Benchmark Series 2014 in all of its glory!

We started the Benchmark Series in 2013. Our goal was to provide high-value Side Effect yo-yos that were our take on the standard shapes/ideas for that year. Three different shapes were released that all shared the same width, diameter and weight.

2014 is coming to a close and the new Benchmarks Series will be releasing.

The basic idea is the same, but we feel we have pushed the envelope even further in a few ways.

*This year there will be four shapes all sharing the same width, diameter and weight: W, H, O ,V(left to right in photo).

*They all feature a variation of the “Drop Step” weight distribution seen on the Cascade and Summit.

*The width is 1mm bigger.

*The diameter is 1mm smaller.

*The shipping weight is 1 gram lighter.

*They all come with a new Side Effect: Flat Caps, which weigh in at 3.3 grams.

In general the play characteristic could be described as faster than the 2013 models. Even though they might look similar from a profile view, the weight distributions are much different and they play a lot different. These aren’t meant to replace the 2013 models.

We admit that what we called the “V” in 2013 could have probably been more accurately described as a Wing shape. This year we have added a true “V” shape and are calling the shape similar to the 2013 “V” the “W” for Wing. Hope that isn’t too confusing :slight_smile: (2013 model names will not be changing).

We have found ways to make these even more efficiently (with no sacrifice to quality) so the starting price for solids will be $58!

More value, more choices, more fun.

Specs:

Base Weight: 62 grams
Shipping Weight: 65.30 grams (with aluminium Flat Cap Side Effects)
Width: 43 mm
Diameter: 55 mm
Stock Response: Flow Groove
Gap Width: 4.32 mm
Bearing Size: Large © stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Finish: Pyramatte ™
Axle System: Side Effect ™

Coming to YoYoExpert on Novemeber 28th, 2014.

Once again, I am dying to pick these up in my next buying spree. :smiley:

Wow onedrop is cranking out the good ideas. What colors might we expect on the first run?

they always do solids first.

Blue, Green, Red and Black in all the shapes :slight_smile:

Hopefully this continues and next year they’re another gram lighter and 1mm wider :smiley: Of course that’s preferences though for myself. Wouldn’t mind a GZR benchmark series though

:wink:

this

this this

And if a GZR version meant that the weight bumped up to around 68g, that would be stellar for those of us who like heavier throws.

Is there any plans for a new run of Rally’s?

Maybe Black with the color rings (orange preferred ;))

Do the 7 Summits have the standard pyramatte finish?

Yep.

New Benchmarks look great. I really like the fact that you seem to have gone for a completely different take on the idea, rather than making small refinements to the previous year.

So now you can splash 7075s will there be any plan to splash your valor and formatc?

We are trying … :slight_smile:

I’m very interested in comparing these to the 2013 models, which seemed a little more rim weighted. A lighter, faster benchmark H seems like a lot of fun.

^^ Plus blasted catch zone. Wanted one so bad, but since I have a Valor already…

And when has that stopped you? :wink:

I did just buy a MarkMont Classic Collectors Ed Nickel 2 days ago. Hopefully I get it some time next week. I was not going to stop until I got a nickel lol. Crazy overseas shipping…

So no Pig Pink x Doge Gold. am disappoint