One Drop YoYos Official News

Echoing all the love for Pyramatte, its so good

2 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, although I do have many ODs in pyramatte, what advantages does it offer compared to other finishes?
In my opinion its biggest problem is that it makes it very difficult to do manual grinds on.

Would like to hear your opinions on this matter?

The idea behind Pyramatte was to achieve a matte finish without blasting because blasting is so labor intensive. Pyramatte allows us to keep our prices down and our production faster while still having a grindable finish. We can do 250 halves in 30 minutes. It would take days of labor to do bead blasting for that many.

23 Likes

Imo one of the best finishes, because it looks sick, very durable and a bit shiny

It might not grind as well as a blast, but it’s so much less sticky than raw yoyos without any finish.

Plus it just looks cool, and feels unique in the hand. Especially since it’s so rare for any other companies to do tumbled yoyos. That unique look and feel is worth a lot imo.

8 Likes

Also all my one drop se yoyos I’ve had were dead smooth.

2 Likes

I’ve always heard (and experienced) that tuning is necessary with side effect yoyos. That basically boils down to tighten it until it’s smooth, but my Parlay is smooth no matter what.

The finish is pretty cool, for clear yoyos I think the old soda blast is pretty unbeatable though. I’ll embrace the inconsistency in the finish as an encouragement to not baby this thing.

I also love the pyramatte finish. Particularly I think where it truly shines the most is on organic throws. I appreciate the finish on all my one drops but I personally feel that the pyramatte finish makes organics feel premium. Or it feels premium on organics, not sure which is the right way to say it but they both feel right. If you’ve never considered this I highly encourage anyone to go pick up one of their OD organics. For example the pyramatte finish feels ultra smooth and premium on something like panorama, diorama, intro or nitro, or the wizard. Those are some of the O shapes I’ve got and I can’t get enough of the pyramatte with them. This is just my personal opinion but I feel it very strongly. If all ur used to is a nice blasted finish then the pyramatte takes some getting used to, however I think after u spend more time with ur throws you’ll grow to love it, if not at least appreciate it

7 Likes

This is so true. You wouldn’t think it but the Panorama is seriously one of the best for grinds. Love that yoyo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Just noticed there’s more brass on the store

6 Likes

Thank you! Brass Dietz, copped :muscle:

5 Likes

Just saw this and…sold out. :joy:

4 Likes

same honestly

3 Likes

Was sold out when I checked 3 hours ago. :cry:

2 Likes

Dietz are cool. Bummed I missed them.

I did however get a chance to cop all these last release…

18 Likes

And go’ol’gravity has always had ultralights.

17 Likes

One of these days I’ll snag some brass spikes for my 20/20!

4 Likes

They still have brass domes in stock, about the same weight, dont look as cool but that depends on why you want them.

3 Likes

New yoyo on the horizon

18 Likes

Does anyone recognize the top yo-yo here? Is it new?

4 Likes