One Drop YoYos Official News

there is another batch thats purple but it will be sold by static co not onedrop

2 Likes

I’ll try again

There are also Cerakote Parlays planned.

Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at 12.47.30 PM

2 Likes

Black please :hugs:

2 Likes

Clear please :hugs:

2 Likes

Gone so fast, was looking for purple

I ordered a charcoal/rose half swap but I’m not a fan of charcoals or blacks. I’m hoping I end up loving it but if I don’t I might be down to trade some for a full rose

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4HCiQLraoI/

Cerakote Parlays dropping Wednesday, March 6th, at 11am Pacific.

4 Likes

Finally got my rose Parlay. Plays even better than I expected and it’s dead smooth with zero tuning which is crazy for an SE yoyo.

I’m just wondering if this finishing is normal for these, it reminds me of old yoyos with worn ano. I’ve only owned older soda blasted/plated One Drops, so I’m not sure. Came with a few pricks as well (one in pic).

6 Likes

The finish on my Rose Parlay looks/feels like typical Pyramatte 6061 to me.

Edit: I just took a closer look and there is a small nick under the anodization. I don’t consider this a flaw for this finish though.

5 Likes

I just don’t have a reference for that. Its the same all around the cup so I presume it isn’t damage, but it just looks like a bunch of micro scratches to me, not really a deliberate finish.

yeah that’s pyramatte, the microscratch-y appearance is normal but has a bit of variance run to run, looks like this run was just a bit aggressive

3 Likes

The recent rose Pyramattes have a slightly “hammered” appearance. My rose Wyvern looks like this.

2 Likes

I think some scratching is inevitable after being tumbled in pyramid-shaped media. I would guess that this varies from batch to batch, depending on the age of the materials.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuF4xwUvYvD/

Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 9.15.08 AM

9 Likes

I guess these were made with fresh more aggressive than nornal tumbling media.

2 Likes

I think it is also more prominent on lighter colors. Most of my OD collection is clear, and all of the 6061 models are the same. It is less noticeable on the 7075 models.

It’s not as uniform as a blasted finish.

3 Likes

pyramatte is one of the best finish in yoyo imo, love it so much

5 Likes

Same. Love pyramatte!

2 Likes

Nothing better than a new One Drop with a *dusty matte pyromatte finish.

1 Like

The Rose is a very very light color - that’s the only way we can achieve that. And because of that it shows more variance in the pyramatte.

9 Likes