One Drop Yo-Yos Marquis {Merged}

I had the same issue. I started my order at 12:00 and there were 99 in stock. When I went to check out I got an error that some products became unavailable and my card has been updated by removing the Marquis. I tried again and again from different browsers (IE,FF,Chrome) and watched the stock drop to zero without the getting one on order.

Sorry you didn’t get a Marquis, there were a lot of people trying to get one at the same time.

For future reference on big releases:

Adding an item to your cart does not put it on hold or reserve it. If that was the case we would have people taking up half our inventory with things they are thinking about ordering.

Once you go to your cart and press continue to checkout the items are put on a temporary hold to give you the time to complete payment.

So if you added it to your cart and continued to browse, someone else could have purchased the item before you pressed checkout.

1 Like

Another thing for future big releases, save all your information on your account, including your payment info. You can go in and delete it later if you don’t want it stored. I do this whenever there is a possible big release. Sign in to your account, get everything in your cart, as far as extras you may be getting and then get on the product page right before it releases. Add it to your cart and then checkout right away. I’ve done this a few times and can get the product in my cart and checkout within 10seconds. It’s really fast when everything is stored.

2 Likes

Smart stuff right here!

I did know about the fact that putting something in your cart doesn’t reserve it. I did shop for other stuff before 12AM, but lost track, and didn’t add the Marquis til just after midnight. It said 100 in stock at the time. As for entering the address and whatnot, I never got that far.

This is the first time I’ve ever tried to get something right as it releases. Next time I will be more vigilant about getting everything else shopped for and setup in time to check “add” and “checkout” immediately at drop time.

Hey One Drop can you do another blind box release? I missed the marquis I guess I was too slow… Or are they ALL sold already ? will yoyo expert restock Marquis?

Yes we will do more Blind Box releases :slight_smile:

They will do more blind boxes, but the marquis is all gone. It’s a one time production run. You may be able to get one if someone makes a post on B!ST

YoyoExpert sold 100 of them in 16 min. In the middle of the freaking night. OneDrop is going to take over the world like this.

I’m stoked. Took only one to spread the joy. The specs look like they are right in my sweet spot and I really want to throw one!

Thank you for not being greedy! I didn’t get one, but I personally don’t like hearing people stock up on stuff when it’s limited. I understand why they would but I like the idea of more people getting a chance to try stuff if they want.

I imagine in this case many bought more than one to have a better chance at getting a rare one. I’m sure pretty soon some red, blue, and green ones (at least) will be up FS/FT and the love will get more spread around.

Next mystery box should have a limit to only 2 per person

I wish the Marquis was released again as a regular production model. A while back, someone pointed out that purple wasn’t used in the blind box release, so maybe the production version could be released in only purple. I wouldn’t mind having a second one, and I wouldn’t care what color it is. It’s such a great yoyo!

I’m now kicking myself for not buying it. I had the page up, I refreshed the page after 9PM (PST) and saw 100 on there for the first minute. I could have had one. Instead I decided to hold off as 1- I’m currently unemployed (was laid off back in July) so I should to make every $ count and 2- was still in “debate mode” and questioning “do I really need it? I’ve got so many yoyos as it is.”

Then I figured I might have a second chance at another shop but they too also sold out instantly. Oh well, next time, I need to do some thinking ahead before that clock ticks down.

People could just buy it in separate orders to get more ya know.

I think we all need to remember that this was a run of 400 yo-yos. That is not a small run by any means. The excitement was high with this release and it sold out quickly because of it. As I said in my review of it, the Marquis taps into the collector mindset that many have. Especially card collectors that love opening foil packs to see what special goodness may be waiting inside.

As for the limit of two, why? It may make it harder to do but people will find a way around it. If every store limited it to two, I could easily still buy eight by having the stores up in separate tabs and order them from around the world. Buying all eight from one store versus from four different stores makes no difference to the end result so would you still be upset that I had eight?

Collectors like to trade/sell off common and redundant examples, too. There will be more chances for those of us who didn’t get one.

Just got my marquis! It’s black! Also got a matching black bracelet :slight_smile:

Also got my marquis today. Ayame!