One Drop Wizard

Hello, I’m currently contemplating the idea of acquiring one of the Relic Wizards made by One Drop. I’m curious if there are any owners of the Wizard who could share their experiences with it and let me know if they have a favorable opinion of it.

Is it a superior choice compared to a Par Avion, or perhaps something like a Topdeck or Legendary Terrarian?

I’m quite surprised that the Relics are still available in stock. They are truly stunning!

4 Likes

I just got the white one in and so far it’s pretty much what I expected from the specs, I wanted a big round yoyo and this one hits it right on the money. Didn’t have a white yoyo and wanted to see how the cerakote finish felt, both of those aspects surpassed my expectations. It looks and feels amazing, I can’t speak on the relic finish but what I’ve seen said about it people seem really happy with it.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your honest opinion. Would you love to see your White Wizard!

1 Like

6 Likes

I have a Wizard and enjoy it. I haven’t played any of the other ones you mentioned. I have the Wyvern, the Reboot, the Rebirth, and the Free Solo from OneDrop. It plays like a big organic. I basically throw it when I want an organic throw experience but am feeling the Reboot is too small (full disclosure: the Reboot is my fave).

5 Likes

I recently got a Wizard on a recommendation from a friend and at first it honestly wasn’t my style. I’ve always been a big fan of H and rounded H style yoyos that are mid to full sized, so a larger mostly organic yoyo is definitely an adjustment.

I took a week or so off from playing it and came back to it the other day and it’s honestly a lot of fun! It plays quite well, super smooth, and surprisingly stable given its shape. I don’t know how it compares to the other throws you mentioned by it is a great throw that, depending on your preferences, may take some getting used to.

Probably didn’t help that I got it at the same time as two throws that are much more my style, but I think once I got over the initial hype of getting three yoyos after not buying yoyos for several years it grew on me.

5 Likes

I have the white relic wizard. It’s amazing. If the idea of a slightly oversized organic interests you then I’d say absolutely get this Yoyo. If that’s what ur looking for this Yoyo knocks it out of the park. The white relic finish is more similar to a blasted finish then the typical ceramic type feel of my other cerakote yo-yos. Which I dig big time. Cuz I’m not as hesitant to play with it as I am with the others. I love them but they def feel a bit more fragile, to me.

10 Likes

I didn’t like it at first, and then overtime, I absolutely loved it. I enjoy it over the Top Deck, although the Top Deck spins longer if that matters to you

3 Likes

Same situation here.
It was already boxed, ready to sell. Then I decided to take it out for a spin, and surprisingly I enjoyed it way more than I remembered.
I’m not a fan of oversized throws in general, but this has revealed to be the exception.

I also prefer ct bearings, but I must admit I do like how quiet the OD flat is.

5 Likes

OD flat bearings tend to sound a lot noisier to me than other flat bearings.

@Yoyomikie That white relic finish looks really one of a kind! :heart_eyes:

Really? I only have 2 flats, so maybe I was lucky?

1 Like

I’ve only got 4 and they buzz louder than the other ones :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ordered one but how are they still in stock! How come people aren’t jumping on the Relic finish? I’d like to know why this hasn’t sold out in seconds lol.

one drop bearings are ridiculously quiet, until they arent lol

6 Likes

I see, and I must admit I replace the flat bearing as soon as I can, I guess I didn’t put the hours on them
then😅

1 Like

Totally agree!

One drop bearings are yet another way to learn how to properly control an unresponsive yoyo. Overtime you’ll find yourself having more stability and string consistency!

2 Likes

After i saw the Wizard review by Throws N’ Brews on youtube https://youtu.be/oQCzhSDYCE8?si=rCz5rJTqPk5bzqDn i really wanted to get one. The play looks so smooth and calming… and, as he is saying, very " satisfying.

It is also being mentioned as top 3 in " Top 10+ Yoyos of the Year" by “The Definitive Yoyo” .

3 Likes

I am sorry but (imho) I think those are really urban legends, I read so many of those around here and I really think this is hard to be considered true.

I do not think that a bearing or an organic yoyo will improve your technique, what really improve the technique is to learn harder tricks than your comfort zone and different styles of tricks, making your style smooth as you can and increasing the combo difficulty, then you will be “forced” to improve stability, spin time and trick consistency or simply you will be not able to close the trick properly.

Actually I think at some certain level a type of yoyo or bearing not adapt to that kind of modern skills it just can deteriorate your playing and mess it up more easily than a tool done to keep up with that difficulty.

I respect your opinion and partially agree with your point of view. However, there’s no doubt in my mind that using a OD Flat bearing would tilt the yoyo easier than the other types of bearing who were specifically designed to prevent that from happening. I actually find it kind of fun and challenging…

4 Likes

Lilith Cerakote Wizards are dropping soon! It’s very likely these will sell quickly if not immediately.

I’d still like to know… Why are people going for the normal typical Cerakote colours which were used on pretty much every single new release and almost avoiding the Relic finish which in my honest opinion looks way cooler and much more unique! Why though?

3 Likes