One Drop ThruLine

I like the Thruline. I’ve only got a half day with it so I’m still forming some opinions.

My initial thought is that this is the perfect specimen where the 10 ball gets you one thing and a concave gets you something completely different.

I feel like it’s a little snaggy at first, so I’m experimenting with some different pads. Maybe this will be the time to try flowable. Maybe not, seems like a lot of work. I’m running kitty normal, DS bearing with white stratos pads (shore 40). I think these pads are slightly thicker than the OG OD slims. So maybe I’ll go back to the OD and give them a little more break in.

Has anyone else figured out that the algorithm was heavily sided for the “pinwheel”. You can absolutely crank on it and it just stays on plane!!

I think once I get the guts figured out, Thruline is going to rock!

I suck at horizontal so I’m excited to see @KirbyRobot full review.

8 Likes

I like it a lot. Which is funny because “wide, unresponsive, algorithmically-informed metal” does not generally typify my preference when it comes to yo-yos.

But I think it plays really nice and consistent and it seems to suit any attitude I approach it with.

29 Likes

Of all people, I didn’t expect you to hop in this thread. Let alone come in here and drop this heat. :fire:

3 Likes

In Japan they are selling these with Center Tracs…

5 Likes

Seems like a sensible substitution, but at the moment the NSK bearing is only mentioned on the Japanese version of the page, and only in the title(?)

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 11.02.12 AM

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 11.01.51 AM

4 Likes

I think they normally have a separate listing for the NSK version when they do this.

1 Like

Spingear does this with a lot of yoyos. Taka works with NSK a lot and I think they have some kind of deal worked out.

I don’t think this really says anything about the Thruline as much as it does Spingear just including an NSK bearing to make buying from them a more appealing option. I believe they come with the stock bearing as well included in a bag, so you get both which makes it a pretty solid deal.

5 Likes