In love with Mid Size

Hey all!
Ive recently been throwing a RSO End part 2 and i am inlove and i cant seem to find any throws that size. idk i really have been enjoying it with my 5a style. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3 Likes

At 52mm:
I have to reccomend Sputnik by YYR, one of the greatest ever made by YYR

For Ti at same size, I nominate Top Yo Spore, only tried it but it’s great for daily carry. At 45mm wide, it is a good performing midsize.

For more midsize option, a lot more can be found in range 53-54.5mm

2 Likes

It’s a bit bigger in diameter but check out laid-back swing, the Nude Trump type 2 . There’s also the Zero series from At Design Lab which takes inspiration from Anti-Yo.

An ilyy head could chime in but I feel like, at a glance, older stuff like the Wasabi, Falcon and Mary are in the same space?

I’d also recommend anything from Fair Trade Yoyos, I like the pv44 in particular but they’re mostly in this range of yoyo and good.

Maybe also the 5-star and Hatrick if we’re just talking about size? Though I have and end pt2 and an essense and they feel like they’re going for different things.

2 Likes

Get this and thank me later.

My favorite mid-size throw of all time, I have hundreds of throws and nothing comes close to this.

8 Likes

Man, Imma need to get one, I keep putting it off

2 Likes

What he said!

If u want something the feels even more similar to the end pt 2 in terms of how it feels on the string when ur throwing it. Specifically that amazing indescribable feeling of awesomeness that only comes from a well designed high wall organic then I would also recommend the torrent 2. It will give u that same exact feeling from an end pt 2. If u want that plus performance beast get hatrick 2

2 Likes

get yourself a G2 Grunt, one of the best midsized throws ive ever tossed. Decade is up there as well

5 Likes

Grunt has ruined any play time my decade used to get

6 Likes

Same lol, still a banger though

1 Like

Not organic, but YYR Blink and CLYW Puffin 2 are easily my 2 favorite midsize of all time.

How’s the Hatrick 2 feel on the string? All that rim weight on a 53 mm kinda scares me.

1 Like

Yoshicuda x is my go to 5a throw, the size is perfect for 5a

2 Likes

No reason to be scared lol… it actually makes you realize how unbalanced most midsize organics feel in comparison. The weight distribution feels like how most of these yoyos SHOULD feel but don’t - it’s super stable as a result of those rings and pretty difficult to get it to tilt, unlike some other midsize organics. If you’re worried about too much kickback, don’t be, it’s perfect. Ernie knows how to design a yoyo fasho.

4 Likes

Once you throw a powerful organic that’s a true organic. Your minds gna be blown by the experience. I know mine was the first time I threw my hatrick 2. You get the best of both worlds at a high level. Usually there’s compromise in one big area. Not with the hatrick 2. U get that feel that ur after plus a powerhouse that doesn’t feel heavy. It’s truly special

3 Likes

Man, you guys gotta stop lol, I am so dang tempted.

My dream now is a Hatrick 3, the size of the OG Hatrick but with them stainless steel rings

1 Like

The Hatrick 2 is phenomenal. Love it.

3 Likes

I love my Hatrick 2, I’m actually considering getting a second one…

4 Likes

i like 888 alot because it is similar size and shape to the end Pt 2. i get the same vibes playing it just with the addition of hubstacks.

Good to hear! I love mid and undersized throws, but I dread the ole’ rock on a string feel that can sometimes plague them. I’ll have to add it to my list. :+1:t2: