In love with Mid Size

But… but dv888 is the best rock on the string I kind of like that feel sometimes.

1 Like

DV888 is on my list of small throws that have since been sold or traded. To each their own. I’ll admit it did have some charm though. :heart:

1 Like

if you can find one on the bst, the fty project y may fit your bill

3 Likes

TiVayder anyone?

2 Likes

I also love throws in the 52mm range, so I’ll recommend a few…

The YYFr SS Koi is a banger. It’s more solid-feeling on the string than I typically prefer, but in a way that inspires confidence. The D bearing and shape make regens and binds hit different in SUCH a pleasing way. Somehow it stays stable and binds well at very low RPMs. It’s really a little powerhouse.

The Canary is another great D bearing option. Not quite organic but still very comfortable. Also pretty solid feeling and a great performer.

The CLYW Pickaxe is really fun. It has that cozy caribou feel that I love but in an undersized form factor.

Finally, the Drunner/TiVayder. A lot has been written about this one, so I’ll just say that the hype is justified imo–it could be my favorite playing yoyo on any given day. I have the drunner but I believe it’s very similar to the TiVayder. Ahh @Tempura beat me to it! lol

Honorable mention: the Duncan Metal Drifter (53mm). I posted this in a different thread the other day… but it’s a steal for $25. At only 58.5 grams, it’s such a fun lil throw to zip around. Not too fast to control and performs pretty well despite the bantam weight. One throw that always surprises me and puts a smile on my face.

2 Likes

Gotta throw in a pitch for The Gnome.

54mm D, 44mm W, D bearing

One of the final runs releases 4/6:

5 Likes

These are in stock, but the Essence would be a reasonable BST finding

1 Like

The Euphonious - Steel - “D” bearing - 48mm

4 Likes