One Drop Prototype Announced

I think those are all Yelets.

do want.

By this statement, do you mean the finish on the yoyo? Or the yoyo itself?

It seems like a pretty nice in-house experiment to keep all to yourselves; so I am assuming you mean the finish ???

The yoyo itself was the challenge, that and the finish.

Now I’m curious, what made the yoyo so challenging?

What he said.

I think it’s the machining after the yoyo is anodized.

I see that someone is already throwing one of these on Instagram. What a tease.

That is not what they said. They said that the yoyo was as much of a challenge as the finish.

I am curious as what kind of yoyo would present a challenge to OneDrop. They are probably the most experienced yoyo machine-shop on the planet. Is there some aspect of this design not apparent in the pictures?

… Now I am really curious.

Shawn did confirm that the yoyo was re-machined AFTER it was ano’d. It is in this thread on page 3.

Don’t know much about machining, but my guts say that getting the yoyo half lined up in the CNC so you can machine that groove perfectly is a lot harder than throwing in a blank and starting from scratch.

I just saw a picture of the HUB AREA!!!

No SEs, has the same axel capture as the burnside!!! Lots o rim weight!

Called “format : c”

So the in-house experiment part is just the finish? We will see this in production?

Rawr

Just machining the yoyo was a challenge for sure. Getting it lined up well enough to make the “sight-lines” concentric, bright, and chatter-free was as much a challenge as the first two operations.

Well considering how many you made that must have been a heck of an experiment

Sometimes I don’t know when to say when, it’s true. That and I wouldn’t feel right unless each team member got one.