One Drop presents The Format:C

good idea

Dude, if you are so concerned about putting things in the right place, you should have put your forum feedback here:

The “Yoyoexpert Site Improvements” forum is the correct place for that so that you don’t have to “clutter” threads with off topic posts.

Apologies. I thought that I already left this pages ago.

There have been discussions regarding such in the moderator section, and I’m under the impression that there was just an announcement that this is going to be addressed further in the future not that many posts ago. I mentioned very early on that this was something that was going to be addressed, so there’s no need to do such in the improvement section, lest we want to be redundant.

I already conceded to not having been absolutely seamless, so bringing it up again after all this is only jumping right back off the tracks.

True.

I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea where Werrd makes their yo-yos, I would guess Australia.

I know the Poo is made and anodized in China. I would think most of their products are made in the same shop.

It shouldn’t really matter where onedrop makes their yoyos. They have their own machining equipment and machine the yoyos themselves, which means they aren’t paying for each yoyo being made. They have to buy the aluminum and pay Shawn, The Machinist, to make the yoyos. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only thing they have to get done somewhere else is anodizing. A bar of regular 6061 aluminum doesn’t cost that much, but a bar 7075 aluminum would most likely cost more. I can’t tell you how much it would cost to make this new and awesome throw, but I can say that onedrop makes exceptionally great yoyos for perfectly reasonable prices.

On an unrelated note, I too agree that clyw charges way too much for their yoyos.

We are definitely paying for each yoyo made :slight_smile: These machines are extremely expensive. It is probably more expensive to do it like we do but the benefit is that we have full control over quality and flexibility of scheduling and run size.

I didn’t mean that you weren’t paying for each yoyo, of course you are, what I meant was that you guys weren’t out sourcing it. Unlike other companies you guys don’t pay other machining places to make your yoyos and pay around $50 for each yoyo to be made. Don’t you guys machine for clyw?

I also didn’t mean any negativity in my original post nor this one, if anything I wanted them to be positive. No sarcasm is intended either.

Definitely didn’t take any negativity and appreciate your support :slight_smile:

I’d say that what we do is more expensive than outsourcing - especially to China. But there are trade-offs to everything.

“Made in Eugene” is the core idea of One Drop. It’s what we do.

1 Like

Whoa! An online shop for bars of 7075 Aluminum!

Those bars are only 1.5 inches in diameter which would mean you would have a seriously undersized yo-yo.

This is probably the one you would want.

I went with the 6 foot bar just because a 1 foot bar would probably give around six halves so three full yo-yos.

1 Like

WOW that’s one big chunk of 7075!!!

Haha we buy 12 foot bars.  When they arrive we all have to put gloves on and heave them in to the shop.  They are heavy! The hand-made-ness starts right at the beginning.

After that we have to cut them into 4 foot sections and sand down the ends so that they don’t snag up when being fed into the machine.

1 Like

On average, how many yo-yo halves can be cut from one 12 foot bar?

I am sure that’s a good workout man!!! ;D ;D

Wow wow wow. That looks fantastic. Sign me up for one of those purple ones, please.

Two, if it’s a very wide yoyo…! ::slight_smile:

db

iIt would snap the string when you throw it down, bright side is you cant miss Eli hops!

Hahahaha epic win