One Drop presents The Format:C

I saw this in there facebook page. Figured there was a page about it. This looks sick… I really might have to pick one up.

I got to try both at Ohio States. They are incredible. I would love to see a red one… Ferrari red with those shiny stripes it would look like a super car.

Which one did you like more?

NO SIDE EFFECTS!!

+1

Purple… which is good because I think it is what the production version is based on.

One Drop Yoyos Official News

How come I see these threads in the general section and not where they’re more beneficial?

1 Like

Loved the look of these ever since those teasers (coupled with, “Not looking like they’ll be production”) a while ago.

Too many good yoyos coming out right now! Gotta catch’em all…

I don’t see a rule saying they can’t be here. Some don’t visit the manufacturer forum. These threads seem to get a good following when Paul posts them here.

I agree. I like being able to have a separate designated thread for the discussion of only the yoyo. The One Drop Manufacturing thread would become to cluttered to sort through. That’s not the case with these threads, which I like very much.

So you want to alleviate clutter by creating /more/ threads to find and search through? Seems counter intuitive. Turns out that people that are actually competent at making threads can manage multiple topics in a thread over periods of time by linking to specific posts from a link TOC in the OP, or with headlines in the title.

The manufacturer section would get the extra attention it needs if content was just posted there instead of here in the first place. S’pose it’s a good thing that the suggestions regarding such have been agreed upon by Andre and that there ought to be more attention paid to making sure manufacturers are posting in the right section.

It’d seem like every other manufacturer is posting appropriately, and keeping their content concise and navigable, save a few.

I meant that the official MAnufacturer’s thread would be to cluttered to search through.

[quote=“PatCondon,post:30,topic:57219”]
So precisely what I just said.

Edit: The search bar works for individual threads, too. Be advised.

[quote=“PatCondon,post:32,topic:57219”]

Sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

I may be wrong but the Purple looks a little more rounded and the orange looks a little more clean cut.

I’m guessing a retail no more than $110 but you never know.

Also solids seem like the only way to go with this with the raw strip :slight_smile:

I also think it is good to ‘land’ this kinda info into the ‘more hits’ category, like the General section. More effective way to make good news travel fast.

I think the word moves faster, initially. And the Mods can Always redirect it to MFG news section.

1 Like

This is for two reasons:

1. The orange Format:C is more in focus than the purple one, giving the orange one a much sharper appearance.

2. The purple is at a completely different angle.

The general section is a bit of a catchall, but it’s not like manufacturers don’t know where to post their content.

What’s the point of the actual OneDrop news thread? Fanmail?

What’s the point of posting all of these suggestions here when they would hit their intended target quite a bit faster in a PM? The PM function works quite well and you can input multiple users in the “To” field. I mean if we really want to avoid catchalls and clutter that would be the way to go. You know, instead of trying to shame a user just because it happens to be in, what you think, is an inappropriate section. This is exciting news for many, if the mods were really upset by it they would have moved it by now. The mods I have talked and respect are on the ball when it comes to moving wayward posts into their proper homes when THEY deem necessary.

1 Like

Is it really a big deal that it’s not in the official news thread? Can’t we just appreciate an awesome new throw?

1 Like

This is mostly correct. I’d like to clarify that there’s no /shaming/ anyone. If I’m on a tightly strung line it’s because OneDrop’s threads have actually been moved back and forth by combative moderators before, wasting time and confusing users. I’m not sure if you were aware of that.

Besides that, it was prolly a mistake to post such in here beyond the first post. It does help to have people aware of the situation though.