One Drop PARLAY Restock! New Solid Colors!

12 Likes

Aw yessssssssssssss…

2 Likes

Parlay is so chill :blush:

3 Likes

Everyone should own one. Leave in the stock bearing and just learn to enjoy throwing for the pure joy of playing yoyo.

13 Likes

Oh brother, this one needs to be explained to me. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m really sorry, let me try again:

If you get a Parlay it can only be enjoyable by swapping out the bearing for a string centering bearing. Next you need to buy loads of yoyos which are designed to make it as easy as possible to do things. That is the BEST way to enjoy yoyoing!

BEST!

7 Likes

I agree a stock Parlay will make you a better player in the long run. I enjoy the sensitivity and added control gained by tha flat bearing that you learn to feel, and its just so smooth.

5 Likes

Ah, okay. For a second there it looked as though you were suggesting that “throwing for the pure joy of playing yoyo” was only possible with a stock flat bearing. I’m glad we cleared that nonsense right up.

MOAR BEST!

1 Like

It’s a weird, I feel like I used to overthink this. Now, I don’t even really notice whether I’m throwing on a flat or concave of some kind. It’s just not really an issue anymore.

Lately, I find that I am much more concerned about how loud / quiet my bearings are. I don’t think I could care less about the bearings profile, so long as it’s quiet.

5 Likes

Yeah much the same here, I have a couple of organic shaped yoyos without flat bearings and it doesn’t bother me however I still stand by my opinion that new yoyoers think such things matter so much these days way more than they actually do.

I once thought it mattered! I’m nowhere near good enough to really really notice a difference!

4 Likes

From the first time I threw a One Drop, I noticed a big difference. It is such a common story around here that it can’t simply be a mass a hallucination among beginners.

It plays great regardless of which bearing you have in it, just a good yo-yo.

2 Likes

Nah mate, just you! A hallucination that only you are experiencing. People agreeing with you and what you are saying is also a hallucination that only you are having. Far out maaaan!

Honestly I think beginners actually notice the differences in bearings more. Experienced throwers make subtle changes in their technique to compensate and probably don’t even notice that they are doing it because it has become instinctual. I’m just starting to get to the point where it doesn’t really matter, but I still don’t like the feel of a VTWO with a flat.

2 Likes

I want a green one so bad! Half-swap my red one for a couple weeks out of the year. Someone go buy my other throws plzthnx.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. :+1:

The difference in behavior with not just my VTWOs, but also my Top Decks, has been so drastic that I’ve made it a personal policy to put Boss Rage bearings in every One Drop I buy. Of course, I save the stock flats in the boxes for the day when I’m one of those experienced throwers who compensates instinctively and no longer notices any difference. But in the mean time, I am profoundly glad that I can easily swap out the bearings. Moreover, I don’t seem to be at all alone in this…I’ve lost count of the number of folks (both here and on FB) who have experienced the same issue and have been given the same advice, with the same positive results.

(And I feel pretty confident that we all throw for the pure joy of yoyoing, no matter which bearing we choose.) :wink:

2 Likes

Oh man!!! I am now so humbled.

3 Likes

Do OD plan to have another run of Paraly?

BUMP :smiley:

5 Likes

Dang it I saw this thread and got excited, not realizing it was a bump from an older restock

9 Likes

Damn same here! Oh well, at least my wallet is happy!

3 Likes