One Drop Nitro vs Parlay

I have a Nitro and I really like how long spinning it is even though it is a pocket-sized throw. I am wondering how different is the parlay from it asides from having side effects? And if you have both of them, which one do you prefer more?

2 Likes

Aaron from Static Co posted this nice breakdown on IG of how they see the differences:

It seems to me, just by virtue of being machined out of 7075 aluminum, Nitro has a much denser feeling than the Parlay (which is machined out of 6061 aluminum). Nitro feels a bit more deliberate as a result of this. Nitro also weighs about a gram more than the Parlay (with flat caps), which seems insignificant, but is actually massive. Nitro takes flow groove pads, Parlay takes 19mm slim flow groove pads. Nitro doesn’t have an IRG, Parlay does. Of course, Parlay uses Side Effects, Nitro has a tapped axle. Both yoyos have the response bump, but this is sunken into the profile of the Parlay. The function of this is essentially the same between both yos though. In summary, Nitro feels a bit more viable for practicing new, unfamiliar stuff and Parlay is maybe more suited to jamming through your established combos. One thing the Nitro and the Parlay have in common – they both slay mercilessly. Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKw0Exphpdq/c/18191400352025154/r/17875064093180235/

5 Likes

imo they are quite different (like Aaron said in his post) and definitely worth owning both.

1 Like

I own both and they def feel different. I think I prefer the nitro by a hair

Feels kinda like an updated version tbh

do u think it’s worth getting the parlay if I already have the nitro since nitro is more like an updated version already?

I mean I got the nitro and already had the parlay… but if you really like organics or side effects the differences might be worth it to you if not one could argue it’s not

I’d rather say the Nitro is an updated version of the Intro.

2 Likes

Fair enough. But comparing them side by side you’d be lying to say they aren’t similar. It’s just the weight feels different and the side effects being different personally

Edit: finish is also the big difference. I prefer the nitros sleeker feel but if u like “smoother” feel you’d prefer the parlays finish

1 Like

One day I’ll be in a Nitro mood. Then it’ll be a Parlay kinda day. Neither is better than the other just two different flavors.

5 Likes

I feel this, I switch between a nitro, intro, parlay, and sudo fairly often. While all similar each has its own “feel” to it. If you want an order of personal ranking id say sudo, parlay, nitro, and then intro. I know the tapped versions play better but I am a SE lover so I always gravitate toward them.

To the OP’s question even if they are similar, if it checks the right boxes for you I’d say go for it. You like what you like might as well have more of it.

6 Likes

Sort of inversely relevant, but have a intro and a sudo. I absolutely love the intro, amazing fun play, but the sudo is what gets my heart pumping.
I think my point is the shape is beautiful, the weight is perfect, nimble and light, side effects longevity and spin times are off the wazzoo.
Get a Parlay while you can.

4 Likes

Agree, if you like the Nitro, you’ll like the Parlay. The Parlay is already a classic :ok_hand:, its up there with the Markmont but mid-sized, super fun.

2 Likes