Overture vs parlay

Hey all. I’m looking for something of the high walled organic variety. Not looking to spend too terribly much. I’m very interested in the parlay and the overture. Any insights on how they play?

1 Like

I love the Parlay. It’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had throwing. I love it so much I bought a second one. Side effects really change up the feel drastically on this one. It’s light, not the most stable but not unstable either, and fun for casual, relaxed throwing. I’ve never thrown the Overture.

1 Like

Hey Jake, if you decide to grab an Overture, I have a brand new MIB blue Overture I am selling. It’s a great yoyo, but I just don’t have room for it in my One Drop case any more.

1 Like

I’m selling an Overture on here in the crime scene color way for $45.

I had both of them and sold the Parlay. The Overture is oversized and pretty forward thinking. The Parlay is more of an old school throwback yoyo. They’re both great organics imho. The Overture is a little floatier and more stable than the Parlay.

I’ll fight you for the sale, lol.

1 Like

Actually, I think $45 for that crime scene colorway is an awesome deal and Jake should definitely jump on that unless he’s like me and prefers solid colors.

2 Likes

Thanks for the props. I’m glad this ended amicably.

1 Like

I was hoping to see a fight.

1 Like

Does the parlay play like a high wall? I ask because of the groove in the response area

1 Like

Os it pictured? The pics on your post all look h shaped

It is this:

I think the groove is more of a modern touch that makes it play less like a high walled yoyo. It has higher walls than the Overture, but the Overture doesn’t have a groove or a response bump.

Sorry responded to the wrong person haha it was meant for @Sinister_Yoyos

PM sent.

I have come to the only reasonable conclusion. Find a deal and get both! (I totally dont have a problem… heh heh…)

4 Likes

Not either of those but have you looked at the Edgeless? People have had good things to say. Also Markmont classics occasionally pop up on the BST.

Oooo the edgeless looks sick! I’ll have to pick one up at some point before they go out of stock

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pressure yourself on it, YYF stuff usually gets additional runs pretty quickly

1 Like

Have you thrown the edgeless? I might actually pick one up instead of the parlay to go with the overture I’m getting. That thinner highwall shape looks like exactly what I’m looking for.

Edgeless is a pretty fun unique throw. Definitely doesnt feel like a high wall. Just comfy fun and light. I’d totally snag the parlay but I cant say anything negative about the edgeless besides the colors lol