One Drop Panorama Vs Parley differences and opinions

Hey guys, I know the Parley and Panorama are both highly regarded but I’m wondering how they play different. And in general what the biggest differences are. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Panorama plays with more power but higher walls and therefore a bit easier to tilt off plane. Spins for a really long time if form is good. Regens are amazing and feels nice on the catch.

Parlay feels lighter and smaller than Panorama and has classic organic profile. Not as powerful, but may be a bit more stable. Also feels good on the catch, but doesn’t have that flat feeling in the hand like the pano.

Both are good.

12 Likes

I agree with everything @TheThrowingGnome said.
I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority here, but I sold my Panorama and kept my Parlay.

6 Likes

One more thing to add: the parlay is a standard organic shaped, slight undersized throw, great for most tricks. The panorama however is on the slim side, with a fairly narrow catch zone. It’s not exactly truly organic, the walls come up and rims flair out. As a result, it requires much more precise play, which is half the fun.

In my personal opinion, I think they’re more different than they are the same, despite the panorama being influenced by the parlay.

3 Likes

It’s very interesting hearing the difference between the 2. It almost sounds like the Panorama would be good for keeping you dialed in. The Parley sounds so good though from most peoples descriptions.

1 Like

Picture tells a thousand words.

The Parlay is noticeably wider. The Panorama has a noticeably bigger diameter. Most importantly, Panorama profile is almost like an L : high wall with flared out rims, and parlay is a smooth curve.

Pick the parlay if you like conventional organic throws or undersized diameter, pick the panorama if you like slim-line throws.

8 Likes

Thanks for the side by side and breakdown of the shapes. It is very much noticeable the differences between the 2 like that. I have to say both of them are sounding very appealing for their own reasons, gosh there are too many awesome yo-yos.

2 Likes

The amount of awesome yoyos out there is pretty ridiculous

6 Likes

I find myself reaching for my Parlay more than the panorama/Diorama , it’s just so good ! I absolutely love tweaking the weight with different SE’s to get different “feels” :grin:

When it comes to the Panorama I left the UL’s in bit with the Diorama I found the sweet my sweet spot with Domes making my hops more precise/controlled, but to be completely honest after thoroughly playing the 3 , I definitely still prefer the Parlay , because of the undersized organic comfort it offers , or maybe it’s because I’ve had more time to get to know it :thinking: :man_shrugging:t5: Lol

3 Likes

Have you used an Intro? I’d be interested in the difference between it and the Parley(I own an Intro). You’ve definitely made the Parley sound more appealing compared to the Panorama.

1 Like

IMHO the Nitro is the best of all 4 of those yoyo’s

2 Likes

If you like the intro you’ll love the nitro. Like @KiLbUcK the Nitro is my favorite too.

2 Likes

Haha I have the exact same ones!

1 Like

I actually have a Nitro and love it. Maybe it isn’t worth picking up a Parlay then if you guys say they Nitro is the best if the 4.

1 Like

To me, the Parlay is the zippiest and most fun and the one I’ve spent the most time playing.

I like them all, though. I’m not sure which I like better between the Nitro and Intro.

2 Likes

You’ll still want to pick up a Parlay and some extra side effects.

2 Likes

Lol you guys aren’t helping my yo-yo buying addiction hahahaha! No but seriously you all are super helpful.

1 Like