One drop deep state setups

So I’ve been wanting my first od throw for a while now and after seeing soooo much posts about the deep state I think it’s about time I try one out. But I’m curious to know if I can put in a ct bearing and play a deep state fully unresponsive ?? Does it play good unresponsive and make it a worthy pocket throw ??. Any recommendations would also be appreciated thanks !!!

3 Likes

i wouldnt recommend the deep state if you want a pocket unresponsive from them, i think it can be played unresponsive but the gap is 3.25mm not ideal for unresponsive play.

i keep a deep state on me literally every day, it lives with me in my pocket along with my keys (even after months the finish still looks incredible). i play mine kinda semi-responsive, with a single drop of thick lube whenever it feels too slippy to do STM safely.

3 Likes

If you’re wanting strictly unresponsive go Deeper State.

3 Likes

I’d say markmont black cannon is even better

7 Likes

I’d agree there are better slim unresponsives if that is the only setup you’ll be using, but if you like to change around setups I think it’s great. you can get it to play really well unresponsive. Use some shims, do a flat or recessed silicon job, put in a centering bearing and it it’ll be plenty unresponsive.

1 Like

The black canon is literally an unresponsive deep state. Absolutely worth getting.

As for my deep state setup, I use the stock OD flat bearing with thin lube and flat caps. I have brass UL’s on my black canon, with the stock OD flat bearing. I LOVE the way it feels.