One Drop Cascade!!!

Anyone have both an X3 La Goutte and a Cascade? Love my La Goutte, but Cascade looks very similar. I’ve checked the stats, just curious how similar and/or different they feel.

Despite all the Wasteland love here the Dragonslayer edition seems to have sold more. Anybody here buy one of them aside from me? ;D

[/quote]
Cascade. Its hands down the yoyo of the year.
[/quote]
I am starting to agree with you Zam. I can not believe these are not selling out. Is it the price? The fact that everybody and their brother is releasing a new yoyo this week? No solid colors? What is it??? This SUCH a good throw!!!

A friend of mine asked me if one drop got to big for their briches and started getting greedy. For example the Dietz was $80 without splash, $90 with. The code 2 with spash was $100. Now the cascade is $118? Quality is the same and there really is no reason to raise the price on these. I couldn’t really answer him. I still love one drop and will get anything they throw out but I’m wondering if they are seeing the chiefs and glaciers go for much higher and decided to squeeze a little more from people like me that just fork over the money cuz its a one drop. This could be a dangerous road they are taking. I hope I’m wrong and their really is a good reason for raising the prices over the last year by 32%. High pricing for a clyw is why I don’t own one. Even a hundred is pushin it for how much time and cost goes into these yoyos.

Actually splashed CODE2’s were $110.00 to $115.00 as were splashed 54’s, DANG’s, and CODE1’s Pretty much all the SE One Drops are the same accept the Dietz. And the latest run of Dietz splash are $110.00. I am sure when the solid colors come out the price will be more like the $100.00 we are used to.

i think what else you have to consider is the amount of work that goes into the production of a yoyo drafters machinist anodizer theres also the fact that they have the side effects which require different settings on machines and theres also the fact that they are a smaller company. Also aluminum is an expensive metal. so i dont think its greed i think its a company that wants to provide quality products but still also stay in business. i think if they could offer their yoyos at a lower price and stay in business they would. Also the Burnside is only 85-90 so they can offer a product under a benjamin

The cascade’s fluid shape means more machining time as well.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Don’t forget, oversized cost more than undersized because the bar stock is wider. wider means more which means more money.

Plus there was a pretty long and involved prototype / revision period.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Correct - in regards to pricing nothing with OneDrop has changed. The solid ‘standard’ color yo-yos will be a different price then the special edition colored yo-yos with an Acid Wash, Splash or both, etc. Dietz is an overall cheaper yo-yo to produce but the Code 2 and Cascade are in the same price range.

The Cascades are currently priced at a difference of $3.00 - it is the cost we at YoYoExpert charge in order to offer all three colors all at once and be able to afford to do so at one time. We are not trying to take advantage of anyone at all - honestly we think they are worth the price and really do look amazing. For those who want a cheaper version solid colors should be available in the near future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure i recall those prices… At the end of the day One Drop makes some of the smoothest, best looking, best playing yoyos out there and for a pretty good price. Don’t forget they manufacturer a majority of the CLYWs currently on the market, as well as G-Squared, Anti-Yo, and many others, which all typically sell for more than OD’s own throws. Not to mention the added effort(and awesomeness) of the side effect system. Personally they’re one of my favorite companies.

I, too, am stumped as to how these haven’t sold out…

Equally stumped by the questioning of price (and integrity of OD)… considering they are more than $20 cheaper than most throws in their quality range (CLYW, Anti-yo, etc) and they have the greatest innovation in all of yoyos (Side Effects)…

Something to consider is the wide variety of coloways the OD guys put out… smaller, more limited runs means higher cost… it would be cheaper if they limited the colorways and offered the same ones to every store, but they go out of their way to give different stores exclusive colors… the only other company to do that is G Squared… another company who’s throws should be flying out the doors…

If you want the same old-same old… with colorways that all look the same, grab one of the cookie cutter throws ( not knocking them, great for a budget)… but if you want art on a string, and want to support innovation grab one of these! (And a Nessie while you’re at it)

It’s got to be the amount of releases lately. Arctic Circle, Chief, Nessie, Cascade, Glacier Express and a few other big ones in just a month’s time. $118 is still a fine price, I think most of us are just spent out right now.

Course, I did pick up the Cascade, but only because I have most of the others and the Glacier doesn’t really interest me.

Ok. Well that makes me feel better. At least I can answer his question. I didn’t think about how much material a wider yoyo gets. I was only thinking of a yoyo in general. for some of ya, I wasn’t bashing OD, I really just wanted a way to answer the question accurately and not make assumptions. They still make the finest yoyos and they will always be my favorite. Can’t wait for my cascade in the mail. It’s going to be epic!

I haven’t even tried one yet, they seem really nice.