Once Upon a Tree (OUT) YoYo News

I am going to guess Ring Weight. :wink:

Or rim weighted, not exactly sure what they were going for. The ‘weight rings’ aren’t exactly heavy or anything, but they are super fun! I’ve got the Just for Fun and have trouble putting it down. Of course with the clean hub, you can do finger spins, but I have yet to figure that out.

I thought it was “once upon a tree”, not “once upon a treehouse”

?

If any of you fixie jocks were wondering, I’m still around. I have been busy this year with a new baby and teaching full time. I have been throwing alot, just not making alot ;D
I hope to get some more stuff made this summer; until then, go throw some no-jives, TMBRs, and even that new Fidalgo is pretty wicked :wink:

More bloodwood???
Either way, please do more all wood. The RW series loses its appeal when it’s not all wood.

So keep it simple, eh? Copy that :wink:

I do enjoy the RW series, but I do miss the acrylic caps and logos. What if the caps were made out of stone (tiger eye, etc.)? Not sure how that would affect price/play, but if it would work, I’d love to see it.

Something I’ve been wanting…a OUT t-shirt. Logo on chest, with the trees coming from the very bottom. I saw it in a dream.

Surprise, surprise! I finally had a chance to get into the treehouse and fire up the old squirrel-operated woodmill this weekend :smiley: I am turning out some improved Free Spirits and some specialty Pocket Loves for coffee lovers.

Here’s a side by side comparison of the free spirit and pocket love. I beefed up the axle on the free spirit to better support it’s bulk. This 3/8" walnut axle will prevent the torque of the returning yoyo from snapping the axle on a hard catch. I can’t wait to finish these and get them to YYE.

Dang! Those look nice.

Gorgeous!

Did you say a special yoyo for “coffee lovers”?!?

Sign me up!

Two of my loves!

Shut up and take my money!

That Coffee Pocket Love is an awesome idea!

Ummm…Yeah…VERY cool!!! Must get one 8)

When will the Coffee Pocket Loves be in stock?

No set date yet, but I hope to get them all finished by the middle of next month. I will be dropping them at the same time as the Free Spirits :wink:

1 Like

just picked up a Just For Fun, and it’s awesome. As far as future drops go, I would love to see some non-RW throws. I love the inlays too much. Especially acorns!

I definitely want to pick up more OUT throws!

Caffeinated Pocket Loves and beefed-up axle Free Spirits have been sent out! Keep an eye out for them on YoYoExpert they should be arriving soon :wink:

2 Likes

From plank to yo-yo :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnd62Xr2Jls

7 Likes