On a team

I was wondering. How good do you have to be to be on a team? Do you have to be on team to enter a compition. Just curios.

to be on a team, you have to be able to do super advanced tricks with ease. (ladder escape, white Buddha, yukki slack, and whut, black hops) and make up a few of your own :smiley:

i don’t know how to try out for a team, but i am pretty sure i know how good you have to be, post a video of your best yoyoing and i will tell you what i think.

Johnny

I can’t post a video i’ve nothin ta film with. Anyways white buhdda’s a cinche. I can do And What. I can’t do latter escape because i can’t figure out what Andre is doing. I havn’t looked at Yukki slack. And i can do hourglass.

use a friends. But if you don’t want to that’s ok, i think you should try out regardless. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You can definitely compete without being on a team.

You’ve gotta get established in the yoyo community… Post videos, compete at competitions, help out when ever you can… Get known… Ben McPhee didn’t offer a sponsership to Tyler Severance because he was some little chump no one knew about… Every knew who Tyler Severance was… They’d seen his mad skills, and look at him now…

Andre talked about throwhand grind being a trick you needed to perform to get on a team. Do most teams just give you a list of tricks to perform or do you need to do a performance.

You’re a bit off here. People are invited to teams because people want them in their teams. Companies want several things from their team members. If a company sees you and think you might be able to fill a role in their team, they will probably invite you. Most companies look for people who can represent them at contests.

You dont have to be good to be on a team. But to get on a team like yoyofactory ETC then you probably will.

I don’t think I can really shed some light here, but I’ll try to anyway.

To get on a legit yoyo team (ie YYF, YYJ, CLYW, General-Yo, etc) I believe it is important to know who you’re dealing with beforehand. Be friends with them, hang out with them, get them to like you for who you ARE. After being friends with them, it is important that you are polite and kind with them. You can be the best yoyoer in the world, and be a complete jerk. Chances are, no team is really going to want you. Then, it is important to develop a fair amount of skill to the point where you can do well in contests, which is another major thing.

I wasn’t really thinking about a company team (i’m not that good). Just a local team (if my area has those)

Well a team is a team. You guys have to get along well together and through contests. Eventually your little once friend team may become a national favorite and highly respected. Remember to thank your teammates because your teammates play a crucial part in your spirit and they may have gave inspiration for your tricks. You guys don’t have to be “good” to make your own team but if you want to be on like a local team (Chico Club Team) then you will have to be hardworking, dedicated, honorable, good sportsman, and can be respected.

do any yoyofactory players live in pa ?