OMG! Sili Stickers coming out of my YYF's

So i was playing with my DV8. I just barely got it and the sili sticker came off! And this has been happening to alot of my YYF yoyos. Anything happen like this to anyone?

When you say “DV8”…do you mean Dv888 or well…Dv8?

It happed to Yuuki too, I really don’t know what the deal is.

DV888

It happened to my G5 Stripped edition too. I bought the silicon response from yoyoexpert store, and I took the old ones out and put the new ones in.

The sticky part of your yoyo’s silicon response was old and running out of stickiness, so all you have to do is just to exchange them. :slight_smile:

Happy Throwing! =]

Yeah Yuuki was at SCR and on his second throw I think, one flew out and then a minute or so later the other one took off! It was quite funny. He still won though. lol

this happened to me too, i put some flowable siliconeon the bottom part of the pad and it stayed in tight so, Flowable silicone is a good adhesive

Maybe Ben can comment on this?

Is this a recurring problem?

Is there a YYF Official Solution?

Has it just been a series of freak occurrences?

idk but its happened to all my YYF yoyos and it happens after a few throw right after take them out of the box.

It’s never happened to me. :-\

I love how these posts are so relevant.

Please change the title to actually refer to the topic at hand. Thanks.

I’m not sure whether or not it’s a problem you are having or a problem with those yoyos. I would suggest contacting Ben about the problem.

Done. Yeah ill talk to him.

Actually it is quite relevant. The OP asked if this had happened to anyone and I said that it had never happened to me.

Correct. The OP asked if this (“this” being your silicone popping out of a YYF throw) had happened to anyone else. This is written with the express intent of hearing from other people who have had “this” happen to them, hoping one or more of the people who’ve experienced “this” can offer a solution. His exact wordage was “anything happen like this to anyone?” Since nothing “like this” has happened to you, by your own admission, how is your post relevant?

Post counts don’t really mean anything here. There’s no need to artificially inflate them.

To the OP: Unless someone can offer a magic fix for this, the only advice I can give you is to make absolutely sure your grooves are completely clean and free of debris before you reapply either a sticker or flowable. This seems to be the source of much trouble. Even factory oil or bearing lube inside those grooves will make things come flying out rather quickly. At the very least, get in those grooves with a clean, dry Q-Tip and see what you can do.

1 Like

I’m going to guess that it’s just natural. Silicone does lose its grip after some time, and losing it while playing doesn’t seem that strange. It happened on my Speedmaker too. I expect silicone jobs to fall out eventually.

Exactly. He asked If this had happened to anyone. There is not only one answer. The only answer that seems correct to you is " yes the pads on my ___ fell out I don’t know why." I said that that this experience had never happened to me.
OP’s question in exact wordage:

I said:

Answering the question

I admit it may not be constructive to the topic but it is relevant.

As for inflating post count… whatever. I don’t care about that either.

Nice strawman, champ!

Let’s try this one more time…

I thought we determined that the OP’s usage of “like this” referred to the silicone popping out of your YYF? Since you, again by your own admission, claimed that such a thing has never happened to you, why would you infer that the OP’s question had any bearing at all on your experiences, or warranted non-constructive input?

Again, I submit that it is not relevant, and served no place in the OP’s thread. And since you’re willing to admit that your post isn’t constructive to the topic at hand (which, by definition, makes it not relevant), why post in the first place, if not for post count?

At any rate, you didn’t appreciate getting called out for making an irrelevant post (I’d like to point out I’m not the one who did it, I’m just the one who tried to explain it to you), so this is just going to go around in circles…

So, for the sake of the OP’s thread, I’ll gladly concede to you that your post was completely relevant.

Are we good?

I’m just going to shorten what Doc said and quote Shisaki (note that some details may not be precise):

1 Like

Getting back on topic, yeah, the exact same thing happened on my Dv888 last week. One of the k-pads started coming off. Planning on buy another set.

Is it possible it has something to do with the stickers? For the people whom the silicone is falling out on, are you using flowable or sticker?