Old string uses

In this link, the person who did it said that he siliconed his FHZ. I thought that that wasnt possible. Im gunna do that now.

To do that, you need yo mod it first by cutting a recess into the yoyo. Otherwise it will just make a mess.
Now, if you do want to cut a recess, I believe that there’s a guide in the Maintenance and Modification section on how to do it with a drill. It should be with the stickied threads.

Dont have a drill. O well. Watevs. Im just gunna learn 5a on my protostar.

the tacky poster stuff works great!

Do u know a specific brand?

You could always send it to a modder; modded FHZ’s play like a dream, but unless you silicone recess it, it will play terribly, and be a giant mess. The reason is that the responce groove is much too shallow to accept flowable silicone.

Its not worth spending the money to send it to a modder.

Wait, which is better (in your opinion) a protostar or a silicone fhz?

I collect it and so far it’s a bit bigger than a baseball but a little smaller than a softball

Cool!

The Light up FHZ is already recessed and I love it! It’s really awesome and plays nearly unrepsonsive out of the box. Just change the Friction Pads to silicone pads and its amazing

I use mine as a trash can filler. Works like a charm, and it’s easy! So anyone can do it! And if there’s interest I’ll make a video tutorial on how to get optimal trash fillery from you old strings.

2 Likes

TELL ME MORE!!!

Hair weave.

“Guuuurrl! Have you seen my new weave? It’s made of yoyo strang!!! It’s neon and it glows!”

I tied an old yoyo string to my cats toy mouse and it’s endless entertainment for everyone.

Haha even more fun than yoyoing itself!

1 Like

1 Like

Using a old Kitty to hold my chlorine dispenser secured to my ladder in my pool ! And my son used one once as a leash to walk the dog literally. I have seen many cool bracelets also worn by my friend a lot .