Yoyo String Balls

I saw @Brandon_Vu’ s video on yoyo string balls a while ago and I’ve been meaning to make mine. I sat down today and piled together whatever dead string I could find around the house onto a bouncy ball I (or my little brother) won’t (probably) use.

8 Likes

I made one too. There’s nothing in the center of mine but string. It’s a little bigger than a yoyo right now

3 Likes

I could have done mine without the ball, but I think it’s cool to think that somewhere in the depths of the ball was a bouncy ball. Maybe having a ball makes it more rigid/bounce more?

I’m not going to try bouncing my string ball though.

1 Like

Heres mine (cadence for scale)
I dont even remember when i started it
Ps: my desk isnt Normally this cluttered

10 Likes

Nice. I’ve been playing around with mine for a bit and it’s really good for catch, since mine is about the exact size of a baseball. The fact that it’s made of string makes it really soft to catch :stuck_out_tongue:

I was inspired by my yoyo string ball to make something for mother’s day. I think it looks pretty cool —>IMG_20190511_191335_703

10 Likes

Quite frankly I liked " Yoyo String Ball" as the title to this much better. Ummm, it’s traditional, ya know. It’s what they’re called.

5 Likes

fair enough :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Started Mine 3 months ago. Anyone else got a active ball going? Ball next to 2EVIL

7 Likes

about 3.5 years of string.

8 Likes

@MarkD that’s a ball (drops Mike! )

Next pic I’ll try to fill my umbra… might be a while😉

1 Like

This is still one of my favorite uses of old yoyo string:

By @yo_shi. fun fact, I made that YYE profile pic for them like 14 years ago and also won the naming contest on TheYo for the counterweight’s mascot, a wasp. The winning name was “Wes Nile” lol.

4 Likes

String made of string :grin:

7 Likes