"Old Folks Who Can Sort of Throw" Vids and Voting! Division TWO

I hear that. THey seem to just be modified Lindy Loops (it’s all in the hand placement) but a tutorial with all the pointers I can handle would be great. :wink:

It really was wicked slick. And yeah thanks for the nice words Greg. But yeah come on out and vote people. I wanted more votes, so I could vote for more than one person. I’m rubbish at making decisions. But there were lots of cool things I want to learn in both divisions.

For lindy loop variations, Josh Yee’s tutorial “braintwister combo elements” YouTube video and pretty much any Mark Montgomery freestyle were the main inspirations. And oh yeah, the beginning of Tressley Cahill’s freestyle too (there is only one on YouTube)!

It’s a fun challenge to take one of the most basic 1A moves, trapeze on, and try to add a new twist to it, so to speak.

WOW it was a landslide!!! Congrats Beezy!!! You ruled man!!!

Yeah massive congratulations to Beezy, but also thanks to all you other guys as well, I really enjoyed this. A special thanks to Greg P too for the crazy organizational skills. Awesome.

Congratulations Beezy.

I loved all of the videos. I’m sure I must have watched them all at least 10 times. I really had a hard time deciding where to vote in this and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one.

Great job!

Congrats, mang!

Aw shucks, thanks everyone! And thanks to Yoyoexpert, a class act. It felt good just to participate, but for someone who doesn’t get to yoyo much around anyone that knows yoyoing, it’s sweet to get some peer recognition.

Thank you to Greg and my older yoyoers, you guys have continued to make this forum a good place to visit even for us more “mature” return top enthusiasts.

Also, special shoutout to my new sponsors Metamucil, Life Alert, Sealy Posturepedic, and SunSweet prune juice.

1 Like

I love this :smiley:

Great job everyone!

Congrats, Beezy; also frodoslair for 2nd place honors. And a heartfelt congratulations and thank-you to everybody who submitted a video! After a few “older throwers” mentioned they couldn’t participate because of the original “1 year-ish” restriction, it was a no-brainer to add the second category. Besides, I needed a convenient excuse to get some of my competition (aka Joe) safely away from my division ;).

Now it’s not just the young hotshots that make me recognize I’ve got a long way to go, it’s you guys, too!

Still missing addresses to get your Unknown Strings mailed out to all y’all. I’m looking forward to giving them a try myself-- I’ve tried two different sets of prototypes (and they were great!) but never the final Jackrabbits.

Great work Beezy and Frodoslair. I hope if we do this next year, I’ll have improved enough to join your division (if you guys haven’t improved so much that a third division needs to be created).

Amazing stuff!

Thanks guys! Buuut… By the landslide he won by, beezy certainly deserves all the credit here and all congratulatory messages. Clearly, we all need to step up our game for next time!

Also, a really big thank you to all the organisers and sponsors, this was a fantastic contest and I enjoyed taking part. I also enjoyed all the videos (in both divisions), it’s great to watch “normal” people play, whether they are fairly good or just starting out :slight_smile: