"Old Folks" who can sort of throw BATTLE 2014 - Division TWO videos

Just finished watching and voting. Great stuff everyone! I really wanted to say that the song Waylon used was awesome!

1 Like

Iā€™m on mobile thatā€™s the only way to view unfortunately. I couldnā€™t view some so I had to vote one the ones I could watch but great job in both divisions. It was hard to judge.

1 Like

Next year I might try to ā€œenforceā€ that the videos contain either non-copyrighted material (itā€™s usually the music copyrights that prevent mobile viewing) or that contestants provide two links: one with their optimal music choice, but since music doesnā€™t actually matter, a second one with some generic or copyright-free backing track. (or if theyā€™re crushed for time, just no soundtrack at all).

Also, Vimeo seems problematic on iOSā€¦ might have to ask for YouTube submissions: those who donā€™t want a YouTube account will be provided with a method for getting the video to me and I will plunk it ā€œunlistedā€ in my account for those that need it.

By making them YouTube-only, I can also make playlists next year. I experimentally did one for Division One this year, but for obvious reasons the Vimeo ones werenā€™t in it, so I didnā€™t throw the link up. (people not paying attention might not read the fine print that there are 2 more videos on Vimeo).

Or, find a whole other video provider for peopleā€¦ or code my ownā€¦ weā€™ll see. :wink:

Greg