Okay, so which response pads?

I’m curious which in stock 19mm slim pads would be recommended for most yoyos?

1 Like

The YYF variety pack is what I recommend, it has different silicone toughness / stickiness types in it.

I like katana pads and flow groove

1 Like

I use snow tires in most of my throws, they’re nice and reliable and seem to last longer than others I’ve used.

YYF natural pro pads are really nice too, Evan Nagao uses them I’m pretty sure.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if these are on sale anywhere but the new C3 JP pads a REAL nice. I’ve been using the soft iYoyo pads though just because they were in stock a while ago so I bought a few and I don’t really have any complaints about those.

1 Like

Best options are Sengoku Katana Pads and YYF Pads. Go Katana for better value, YYF for variety.

1 Like

So there was a promotion recently in the YYE webstore that gave away a free pack of Limewire strings and some response pads when buying a certain yoyo (or yoyo brand), but I forget what kind of pads they were. Does someone from YYE remember, and perhaps can remind me what those pads were?

So after playing lots of different yoyos, I’ve noticed that the best bind response I’m getting comes from all my One Drop yoyos. Four different models with four different gap widths, and yet every one of them binds effortlessly and with authority. So what is it about One Drop’s response pads that accounts for this? Is it the material? The thickness? Could I expect the same bind response from other yoyos if I installed the “19mm slim” version of their pads in them?

2 Likes

Was about to suggest, until I saw the original post was 2 weeks ago, the OD Flow Groove 19mm size. Great response pads!

Yeah if you get a heavier OD with a decent string, it’ll bind so hard it could just about dislocate your finger on a hard throw

I stocked up on 19mm slims from YYE and they last a long time. I always have at least a dozen pair because I panic if I am not well-stocked on yoyo supplies. I’m a yoyo prepper.

2 Likes

One Drop 19mm slim pads are slightly thinner than YoyoFactory 19mm pads. You may find that they will sit a little recessed in some other brand yo-yos. They will still work perfectly fine, I use them often, but they might not be as responsive in other yo-yos as they are in One Drop yo-yos.

3 Likes

Just got these online today with latest C3 restock. :grin:

4 Likes

I am digging this discussion back up. I’m looking to stock up on response pads and I am wondering what people think about the Katana pads? - My fave response is the OD flow groove (but I haven’t tried the 19mm version yet). I also really like the YYF red pads and teal pads.
Back when Jeremy had the ReturnTop Shop, he sold me some clear MagicYoYo pads that are really great! But then the next batch he sent me were yellow and I don’t really like them - they are too slippy (remind me of the YYF white pads that I usually take out right away).

I like snappy binds people! Recommendations? Will the Katana pads feed my cravings?

Thanks!

I haven’t used them but my favorite is the Mowl pads personally.

Also like the Sochi pink, the house soft pads from a different retailer, the c3 JP pads and the YYF Natural.

1 Like

I love snappy binds too, and I don’t think you can get any better than OD’s flow groove pads (including the slim version) short of flowing your own silicone.

3 Likes