Ok... Last computer Q I promise

Alright. So I think I got most everything down pat, BUT… How can I tell that the computers motherboard will use the i5, i3, AMD a6, wisely? Like, will some brands have a sure fire board and run better with the 6gbMemory/500gbRAM than one that boats 8gbM/1Ram?

Just wondering but exactly what generation I5? I could see some of the older gen i5’s falling under the $500 mark for sure so would think it would depend on that

There are 4 generations of i Core processors. They are distinguishable by how they are numbered. If they have 3 numbers, they are gen 1. 4 numbers and start with a 2 then its gen 2. 4 and start with 3 then gen 3. 4 and has 5, then it’s gen 4.

3rd generation (Desktop) i3’s can be had for less than $150 (Depends on model), i5’s for less than $250, and i7’s for less than $350.

I don’t claim to be an expert on AMD stuff (Processors, I understand how their video card naming system works), so when looking at it I read a lot about them.

It’s hard to explain all of this stuff. It’s taken me many months to learn. Basically, you need to find the motherboard, and find out which chipset it uses (Letter followed by 2 numbers, eg. Z77). If you google the chipset, you can probably find a ton of diagrams that show how good it is compared to other chipsets for the same CPU series.

Actually, even the “Recent” Pentiums are based on the old Pentium architecture, and still run (Generally, it obviously depends on the model) slower than a Core 2 or i Core. The Pentium remains a budget processor, intended for cheap laptops and desktops that won’t be used for anything other than word processing and surfing the web. They are Better but still highly lacking.

Back to retail stores; it’s great that you are one of few remaining caring store employees.