Ok...I'm a convert

if I spent money on yoyos, I’d get Chico throws. But im not a huge fan of them…

not even those little flags people hand out on the 4th of july are made here in good ole murica… They have the little gold china stickers on them. But hey! Snap-on tools is a usa made product. Good ones too.

I didn’t say people should boycott MagicYoyo; I was just saying that people shouldn’t exclusively buy yoyos from them. It’s cool that they’re doing a bit of sponsorship inside the US, though!

I’m too lazy to research what software I’d need for this project. I got other things that are more priority to me.

I don’t like Google’s services outside their search engine.

The idea of converting the file to a database is appealing. Then setting up a simple data input form would be kind of fun to do. But, I’m “between” servers right now. My current hosting platform is fine, but soon I’m going to be migrating to a different computer with different software and I don’t want to have to redo the job. This migration will allow me to turn off my domain controller, mail server and web server into one smaller and more efficient machine and drive my power bill down!

My priority right now is getting $6K for a new digital desk with remote stage boxes, and then this project can be examined again. The digital desk keeps becoming an issue that I hope to resolve before the end of the year.

Your first statement led me to believe that you were against supporting companies that don’t sponsor contest in your immediate area. It was your call to action: Support your Neighborhood Yoyo Company! By not supporting I assumed that meant not buying their yoyos. In theory this is a boycott. I guess I read to far into it.

You shouldn’t buy exclusively from any company (IMO). Branch out and help the community grow!

2 things:

1. I can set up a MySQL database on my hosting account for this project. If there is interest.
  2. I played the MYY N12 toiday. Amazing throw. PLays every bit as good as many yoyos over the $75 mark that i own. I’m impressed. Much better than the other MYYs I have.

I self-host and since I started it, I would like to own the project. I know the new platform will support SQL. However, at this point, I’m rather inclined to just be rid of the project.