Darn it, I really want a Sengoku Kenshin

I don’t need any more yoyos. I don’t. I’m fine. I can do everything I’m capable with the yoyos I have. In fact, I can probably do everything that I’m capable of with a Replay if I’m honest with myself. I should probably finish learning every trick on the YYE learning page before I even think of buying any more yoyos.

But wow, an aluminum yoyo with better weight to strength ration than titanium at 1/3rd of the price.

I’ve never spend more than $45 on a yoyo. Even my Dogma and TOO HOT came in the $50 mystery box so I essentially only paid $25 each. $98 is not too outrageous for any high end throw and for this one it could really be worth it.

I just can’t bring myself to pay $100 for a yoyo. But man oh man do I want one. ;D

I wonder what I could sell to finance it? Maybe my collection of first generation white bordered Magic the Gathering cards? :-\

What yoyos have you folks been yearning for?

Well… Quite a few have caught my eye. Unfortunately they are all but dreams during these economic times. Kyo’s MG/SS looks absolutely gorgeous, and it marks off nearly every box of what. I would look for in my dream throw. Btw Greg, you will not regret the kenshin. It has been all I have thrown for the last 2 weeks.

I thought I was done buying until BAC but… The Kenshin decided otherwise. I’m gonna snag a “Big … Tsunami” color tonight.

I quit buying new aluminum yoyos when the price went over $80 in general. So it’s been quite some time. I will buy used if something catches my eye and the price is reasonable, but generally try to stay well under $80. On the other hand, I’ve been quite satisfied with yoyos in the under $50 range. I have a nice collection of what one would call quality legacy aluminum yoyos by SPYY, Difeyo, HSPIN, Anti-Yo and YYF.

/pulls E-brake
What cards ya got that you might want to get rid of. I play, and collect. Consider my ears perked…

Prices definitely have changed, for the better. 6 years ago $100 was pretty normal.

In 2008 I got pretty far with producing and putting out a yoyo, had a great final proto, a deal with Pat at yyn, I was 15 and ran out of money during prototyping, and in the same month the company my father had worked for went under. So the project got dropped and I never revisited it.

I was making a smaller run, about 150 yoyos, my cost was around 30 dollars a yoyo. I was going to get paid 50 per yoyo, and yyn was going to charge 100 for it.

Not sure how yye does things, and I don’t know pricing at all on massive runs and what other places charge. But it would have been impossible in my situation to sell if for less unless I sold them myself.

Ever since then I’ve respected and felt like I understood the price of $100+ yoyos. I don’t know what it costs other people to get yoyos made but I know mine had to be sold wholesale for about 50 if I wanted to make any money/cover the $1000 in prototyping. Would have made about $1,500 in profit if everything had gone well.

I’m happy to see so many ‘inexpensive’ metals now but when one that costs a little more releases like the, kenshin I can’t help but think the price is probably fair.

Still throw that proto daily.