Ok, Ann connolly.

Yeah, even some female players are getting jealous, Mckenna Zenter hates Ann for some reason.

LONG, SUMMARIZED STORY TIME!

Ms.Zenter joked about CLYW footie PJ’s, someone mentioned that Ann would wear them, she said something that wished harm upon her. She also said she was way better than her. But she’s not sponsored, yet she brags about representing CLYW. When she said she represented CLYW someone asked if she finally had gotten a sponsor, she replied “No, I just represent them cuz they’re cool, but I’m not sponsored by them” so basically she has her imaginary CLYW sponsor I’m her head, and she thinks she’s way better than Ann, yet she doesn’t want to compete because she says Gentry will be mad at her because she does most of his tricks. I used to think she was cool, actually, I think she still is cool, but she has lost my respect an she is no longer a role model that I follow, all because of 3 stupid things that she posted on Facebook.

I’ve never met her but:

1. She is sponsored! Are the haters?
  2. She competes! Probably humilates the haters.
  3. She helps kids learn to yo. What are the haters doing?
  4. She is out doing what she loves. The haters…just hating…so yeah they’re doing what they love too.
  5. She puts up vids, and lets the haters hate, in hopes others will be insipired or pick up some new skills. Haters don’t put their names on the line because…they’d recieve hate. They’d hate that hate.

So supbreh you ask why people share hate. It’s because that’s what people read and pass on. It’s always been that way. Gossip, it’s simply gossip. Say something horrible get a bit of attention, maybe the recipient of the hate lashes out and makes herself an easy target for more gossip.

It’s easier to try nothing, become nothing, and to hate anyone that trys, or is successful.

Just my thoughts on hate in general.

2 Likes

She’s hot.

3 Likes

I’m trying to get my head around the hate from McKenna as well. You’d think as a girl who yoyos, she’d want as many girls in the hobby as possible instead of trying to alienate them.

Yuki

Amen.

Yeah, he’s got a decent voice, but his songs are terrible.

Really? You go to Youtube expecting to find intelligent comments?
Instead of starting threads saying “look at all bad stuff someone said about somebody”, how about we post a little more positive stuff. Let all that flak die. All it does is propagate da hate.

Also, people are all like, “ohhhhh she places HORRIBLY!” That’s because she is mistake prone a lot of the time. If you watch her finals freestyles, you’ll see she makes a lot of mistakes. Off stage, she is a…fricken… BEAST

She seems to be getting a bit cleaner with freestyles of late. Her performance at EYYC this year was great to watch.

Yuki

Oh man. I am absolutely in love with Ann. I had the pleasure of meeting her at Cal States this year, and I must say, she is definitely in the list of my top 5 favorite players. We sometimes chat online and she is so friendly. I would love to go out on a date with her. Haha. ;D

But yeah, of course there are going to be haters. Just like there are going to be haters, of say, Mickey or Tyler Severance. There are widely ranged reasons for them. Some can be because others are hating. It can be because someone doesn’t like that player’s style or because that player is successful/has a lot of publicity. But that doesn’t deny that someone like Ann is talented (and very, very attractive). Just like that Justin Bieber reference earlier in the thread. Sure, I personally don’t like his music, but I accept the fact that he has a good voice.

So uh, hey Ann. If you end up reading this, let me buy you a drink at BAC. lol! :wink:

For starters. I honestly don’t find Ann very attractive. (I feel backlash coming for this statement already. I can’t be the only one.)

Just throwing that out there because I’m not one to ohhhhh and ahhhhhh over her videos because she’s something nice to look at. I judge her just as I do any other player. I don’t think she is as good as the average sponsored player, but she isn’t bad by any means. She can most definitely destroy me with a yoyo, so I can’t hate. Also, I think at such a high skill level, it is hard to make legitimate comparisons. Each thrower is unique in their own right… Their styles may appeal differently to different people, so who’s to honestly decide who’s better? I don’t think a contest really settles who is the best. Just because Suzuki won worlds in 2012 does that REALLY mean he is indefinitely the BEST YOYO PLAYER in the world? Of course not. Suzuki himself probably doesn’t even think that, and it would be ignorant of him if he did.

Also, some people are GREAT players, but don’t do so hot in competition—Kind of like smart people who just aren’t good test takers. Look at Augie Fash. From what I’VE seen of his competitions (and I haven’t seen a whole lot, so forgive me if this is an ignorant comment), he doesn’t do that great. But seriously, we all KNOW that Augie is a beast, as well as being very like-able.

Getting back to Ann…Do I think that her being female helped her to become sponsored? Absolutely. If she was a guy with the same skill level, would she STILL have gotten sponsored by YYF?.. It’s hard to say. With that being said, sponsorship is NOT all about skill. Companies sponsor players to promote their product. They may sponsor a player because they are an all-star competitor, they may sponsor them because they are extremely personable, they may sponsor them because they are attractive and they catch people’s attention, they may sponsor them because they are an influential member of the community, or they may sponsor them for a mixture of these traits and likely even some things that aren’t listed here. If someone falls in love with Ann Connolly’s smile, decides to learn how to throw, and see’s that Ann Connolly is throwing nothing but YYF yoyos, what do you think they are going to buy?

Ann gets attention, she is an active member of the community, and overall she does her job well. Regardless of what you make think of her skill level, I believe her sponsorship is well earned.

Fianlly, intellegent criticism. Although i dont agree with everything you said, i applaud you for not being ignorant and being so open minded.

1 Like

EXACTLY! In fact, I wouldn’t have started to even consider yoyoing if it wasn’t for stumbling across some of Ann’s videos 7 months ago. And because of her being my initial interest in yoyoing, I wanted the products that she was representing. As a result, most of my yoyos are YYF. In fact, my first yoyo was a YYF Whip because on the YYF website, it says that her favorite yoyo was the Whip.

Welp. Time for me to leave the forums for today.

JK, we all have opinions.

Ann is a nice girl, chill personality, but the attractive thing is something I agree with Rapture on. But to each their own ya know. :wink:

Ann is an awesome person overall. Great personality, great skills, and yeah. It was kinda random though when she came up to me at BAC 2012 and said, “Hey, what’s your name?” Me: “Jordan” Her: " cool nice to meet you, Im Ann. Can I take s picture of you?" Me: @_@ ummmmm sure why not. *snaps pic. Her: " thanks hugs me see yah around"(me: what the…) me: what…just…happened…

She’s pretty awesome like that =)

Yuki

If I remember correctly, I believe she was doing a photo type project where she was taking pictures of a bunch of different throwers to capture people’s clothing styles and look, and posting them on one of her blogs.

I know she had done this last BAC, probably same thing but you never know!

wuff!

Yeah I remember. She also said oooooo I really like your sweatshirt, where’d you get it. Me: ;~; I have nooooo clue. Her: T-T

I’m sorry for the crap she takes. She’s awesome at what she does! Ill be the first to admit shed kick my ass in a throw down!!

“Leaaaave Ann alllooonnneee!!!”
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kHmvkRoEowc/0.jpg

Fame just goes hand in hand with hate. If someone is famous, you can guarantee that there are people that will hate on them for no particular reason.

My advice would be just not to pay attention to anything you ever read on the internet. Especially youtube comments… They’re just an open forum for anonymous hate.

She might have people posting nasty little Youtube comments about her but until they start posting human fingers through her letterbox I don’t think she’ll care, nor would she have any need to. Hate is just part of the package of being well known and I think to her it’s probably far outweighed by all the adoration, fame, and experiences.

It’s like Justin Bieber. He gets more hate than pretty much anyone… but when he rolls up in his chauferred Lambourghini-limo and performs on stage in front of millions of screaming girls that would leap into his bed at a moments notice… I really doubt he cares all that much.