Oil spill!

Just a story you guys might relate to…

So, I keep my small yoyo related paraphernalia in one of those storage things with a bunch of tiny plastic drawers. I opened my bearing drawer to get some lube and a needle only to find my lube bottle had leaked and all my bearings were literally swimming in it! I’m now the proud owner of the most thoroughly lubed bearings on earth :confused:

Oh well; I guess they’ll last forever.

I’ll go get the acetone.

Bummer deal for sure, but least it wasn’t a substance/chemical that could have ruined your bearings. I hope your string didn’t get doused with lube as well :smiley: The only downside is those thoroughly lubed bearings will probably be super responsive until you clean them again. I’ve never had a bottle of yoyo lube leak before, but I have had bottles of RC car shock oil leak (silicone based oil), which makes a huge mess since there’s so much more of it. :-[

My strings are in a different little drawer fortunately. Everything considered, it’s not a big deal. I just have enough lube to last me 10 years now instead of 100 ;D

I came here expecting to find a beautiful colorway influenced by oil spills. Now that I think about it, it’s kinda a bad influence but still beautiful.

Well, now all of your bearings should be quiet. Almost like they drank themselves asleep.

Well its good that the rest of your stuff survived

Somewhat similar experience (spilled lubricant is the only similarity)… One time during study hall I was lubricating a yoyo for a friend and the top of a lubricant bottle popped off and let’s just say my friends loopers were set for life, so was the study hall table :stuck_out_tongue:

What was his reaction?

He just stared at me for like thirty seconds then busted out laughing. We were more concerned what would happen when the study hall teacher saw the desk. We had a kid go get a box of Kleenexs’ so we could clean it up :stuck_out_tongue: