Oh Darn!

Alrighty guys, I got a question for you.

This has happened to me so many times and got me so frustrated.

You think you have come up with like the coolest trick ever…then your watching a video and all the sudden that person does “your” trick.

Yuuki Spencer and Guy Wright have “stolen” so many of “my” tricks. Its frustrating to no end :stuck_out_tongue:

For example Yuuki did an under the leg suicide. Ok, sure, lots of people have probaly done it, but then i saw Yuuki do it and it took all my joy away haha. This was awhile back but still.

Then Guy did some over the arm moves that I thought I had made up. :frowning:

How do you guys deal with disapointment like this? :-\

Sue for copyright infringement.

Try to be creative!

Do something no one has ever done before.

I’m going to try to inspire you…

See that around the arm trappeze thing Issac does at 0:43-ish, I did that, but with an underleg trappeze. I made that up by thinking. I made it up after I started posting this, it didn’t really take too long.

I invented it by putting two awesome things I love to do together. Watch videos, and combine moves you like. Don’t forget that anything’s possible.

That probably didn’t help too much, and didn’t really answer your question. But I think it may help you make one of a kind tricks, which will make the dissapointment go away.

Hope this inspires you!
Good luck!

lol

1 Like

I vote best post of the month. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

you have to come up with longer tricks so there harder to figure out see if that helps

To answer your question on how to deal with this you must first realize that unless you were one of the old school generation yoyoers it’s not gonna be as easy to create something but certainly still possible. To create a move and claim it means that no one on the planet has ever done it before. That’s the question you gotta ask. Has it ever been attempted?, before you name and claim. But more than likely you’ll create a variation of someone elses move and it’s your variation. So the best thing is to not sweat it if you see someone else do it. I know how frustrating it can be.
Best advice: put it on video quick and you’ll be recognized for it. Hope this helps and keep on creating!

film yourself while trying to make tricks and post it on youtube.
yeah that’s an obvious another thing is that you can be REALLY creative. do things that nobody would ever think of and make sure it reflects YOUR style.

Cut yourself. Or not…Some people don’t like to and when I tell them that’s what I do, they never talk to me again. But that’s just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t go around saying that, I can tell you’re kidding but some people could take you seriously, and it’s not really a “funny” topic.

I agree. :-\

Sowy! :-[

Lol

Technically speaking, they can sue you, but you cannot sue them :stuck_out_tongue:

Not if you got it first, copyrighted it, and never released it to public. :stuck_out_tongue:

what i do is i create some tricks that are so darn long and techy and flowing and fast that no one can figure them out, or have already done it.

Clever.

But since he mentioned he sees someone else do it first in a video, or something else, they have proof they did it first :stuck_out_tongue:

Woah, lets back up. We’re talking yooy tricks. Don’t copyright it. How would you feel paying someone every time you did a breakaway? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmmmm…goes to patent office