Offstring String

How often do you have to change the string in an offstring yoyo? I would think that it would be considerably longer time than a string for 1a, but I have no idea.

(UmeNagisa) #2

I change mine when it doesn’t whip well anymore

And I use it same length as 1A

I meant a longer time. Fixed that. How long is it usually until it doesn’t whip well for you?

(Mitch) #4

It’s the same as with any style. It will vary from person to person… When you start to feel a difference in play thats when. Heck, I’ve probably only changed the string four times on my Go Big, and I bought it when it first came out, but I don’t throw 4A often.

If it starts to look grungy and dirty that’s usually a good time to change.

For My Aquarius, it does last longer, but that’s due to the no response system they used, and Might I add, It worked. With the Aqua, I have had strings go for around two months of play, like, two hours a day play. But, with my Big-yo, it needs changing like a normal 1A throw, since it uses response.

Length: Mines not the normal 3 or 3.5 feet. I prefer it to be a around Two-thirds my body Height, and since I am 6 feet tall, that means I use on average 4 feet string…though I usually cut it with some extra, like an inch or two.

(UmeNagisa) #6

All of the above!