OFFSET Yoyo Mailing Times?

Oh yeah i agree you shouldnt have to message him through social media, I probably just would have because id rather try to get the yoyo. Good luck in the future

1 Like

I want to add that this isn’t only with Offset and Brandon.

I have two orders in at the moment with very well known boutique companies. Both are delayed for one reason or another. One is very active here on these forums normally. I’ve purchased from them before with no issues, alas, this time, no reply and no contact letting me know whats up. However, I am willing to wait, because their throws are worth it.

I think for whatever reason, I’ve found these issues tend to occur around this time a year.

Personally, knowing he’s out of his home country, I would wait a bit longer. Plus, there’s always the off-chance he throws in some freebies or extras because of the delay as well… :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well it doesn’t help as I’ve just had a reply saying I’ve received the yoyo… Which I haven’t… I ordered two yo-yos and received one (which come from a company via OFFSET)! This really doesn’t give me any hope.

2 Likes

Brandon just got back from Cali and is back in Australia, so maybe you’ll have some luck

1 Like

Sorry to keep bleeting on, but want to ensure people get to see my experience to inform their own choices (and I’m sure others might have had, or will have, more positive experiences).

No replies from OFFSET, but two requests for a refund ignored how.

Being from the UK and ordering on a debit card, and receiving only one of the two items, what is the best way to push a partial refund through from my side?

3 Likes

I’m not sure the best way to go about a return. Frankly since you’re not getting a reply if you cancel the transaction on your end problem solved. he’s not going to be out anything because he won’t ship without confirming your transaction.

However I agree with you I would be canceling my order, and moving on. He has posted a lot on his social media so you know he’s not on a offline retreat or something, not that that would matter, because they could have put a notice on the store saying they will be closed for a little while…

Good luck let us know the final resolution.

4 Likes

Have you tried reaching out over Instagram? You shouldn’t have to, but sometimes that’s all anyone checks for one reason or another.

2 Likes

Not on Insta, and don’t feel I should have to join for this reason (call me petty if you wish, I just don’t think I should have to go out of my way to contact you when your store has an email address).

3 Likes

Problem is I’ve received one of the two items, and I’m decent enough not to cancel the whole transaction and try and pocket one throw for free.

You’re right, you shouldn’t have to. So I went ahead an DM’d him a link to this thread for you. Hopefully he sees it and makes things right.

3 Likes

Thanks, but don’t feel you have to chase on my behalf. I’m sure he got tagged further up the thread, but nothing. Appreciate the support though.

1 Like

That was also me, haha. But he hasn’t been active on YYE in almost a year so it was kind of a long shot. He’s also got 14k followers on IG so he may not see my message if it gets put in message requests.

Actually, I just checked his most recent YouTube video, he’s had a bunch of things that got returned to sender and is supposedly working through his email, so maybe he’ll get back to you soon?

3 Likes

Who knows!!! Thanks for trying, much appreciated.

1 Like

UPDATE - refund received for the Outlier, but no real explanation for what the issue was, or apologises for the ongoing poor service (just for there being a problem).

Sadly this will be the last time I buy anything from OFFSET, as this experience really soured me.

Thanks everyone for the support.

3 Likes

Just curious but what was the total time span of this entire thing? like from when you placed the order to you getting the refund

2 Likes

Australia is from what I hear the worst with shipping since Covid hit

To expand on that there should be more response from them.

1 Like

Order placed March 8, and no shipping notice the entire time, so as far as I’m aware it never got sent.

2 Likes

At least its not as bad as
THE GREAT YOYO DAY DEBACLE OF 2020
Lame

1 Like

Looks to me like Brandon bit off more than he can chew. Running an online store is a job in itself, but he is also out there designing/making yoyos and trying to maintain social media on multiple platforms. And while he took a trip to the US for networking and social media content, the shipping industry took a crap on his legit work and sent packages back to him. I would imagine that it would be impossible to address shipping issues to clients when you aren’t around to investigate. Friends and family “helping out” would probably do stuff like making packages and assembling yoyos, and not be personally involved in the contact or business side of things. This is probably just bad timing for a guy trying to balance solving older issues while trying to steer the ship forward.

And all the while has so much content recorded that in this disposable world is probably very time sensitive.

I don’t blame the guy from wanting to move away from the most populated yet isolated continent on the planet if he wants to have a successful business with international shipping of products.

4 Likes

Dude comes from a country that descended from Criminals… what do you expect?

*there is a joke here MANY people won’t understand.

5 Likes