Official Thread of The String Company Known as Big Yoyo String

For those of you who have requested this, here is a list of all our current types of string.

Type 1- The original string we made. This string has good tension management and decent speed whips. It comes in white, yellow, blue, pink, and orange.

Type 3- This is a stiffer string at first, that eventually breaks in. It lasts a very long time and can be washed to extend it’s life. It manages tension well and has a really fun whip speed.

Candy String- This is our softest, cheapest string. It comes in neon yellow, neon green, and neon pink. It manages tension fantastically. It is $3 per pack of 10, $14 per 50 and $25 per 100.

A.M. Slix- These strings were designed by Andrew Miller. He was our first sponsored player, and I wanted to give him his own signature string, so we created this. It comes in yellow, white, pink, orange, and green. It is like a faster type 1 string. $6 per pack of 10.

Jake’s Steezy String- This was my favorite string for a while and still is one of my favorites. I developed it to be able to adjust to the speed of the player. It can go slow, but you can really push it faster if you would like. It comes in neon yellow, green, or orange. $6 per pack of 10.

Six-2-Four String- This string is a string with power! It is type 1 thread mixed with another thread to really allow it to pack a punch! Price coming soon…

Type 1 Loose- A looser version of type 1. $5 per pack of 10.

Panther String- This string is a very fast string, you can whip it so fast you could hurt yourself. Neon Yellow and Neon Green. $7 per pack of 10.

Sent from Ice Cream Sandwich Eatin’ Optimus V

Been working up some custom mixes for Emil and Wilson and Mason (who are designing a signature string!). I’m excited to see what becomes of this!

Lets see if we can make a Keeper! :slight_smile:

Emil <3 he’s the man!

1 Like

Yay!

=^_^=

Emil is awesome :slight_smile:

Sent from Ice Cream Sandwich Eatin’ Optimus V

Aw shucks, guys! :slight_smile:
I can’t wait to see what comes in the mail. Thanks Jake!

My main goal for June is to get our string into an online store… Just thought I’d put that out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Mine is to have these 4 proto’s done, blasted, and tested :wink:

Yes! Guys, we NEED DONATIONS! Any amount of money is helpful. Large or small your donation will be appreciated. And team members- Josh is going to pass around a proto for everybody to use for a week or two, yet none of you donated. He has gotten donations from guys who don’t even want to try his yoyo, they just want to make this dream a reality!

I’ve been trying! Moneys tough to get when you dont have a real job.

1 Like

Same here…

1 Like

I now present to you. The Vitality.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/XxSuBtLexxPaInxX/Vitality%20Finish/Vitality1_zpsb1c3fec2.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/XxSuBtLexxPaInxX/Vitality%20Finish/Vitality2_zpse6965e85.jpg

Weight is with Bearing, Silicone Pads, and the 2 halves. This Excludes the SE. so Include whatever SE you would put in the yoyo, and add that weight for the final weight
(i.e. Vitality weights 64.47 + Alum Spikes (3.2) = 67.67. etc.)

Aluminum Ultra Light: 2.5 grams
Aluminum Lego: 2.7 grams
Aluminum Dome: 2.9 grams
Aluminum Spike: 3.2 grams
Aluminum Stunt Peg: 4.0 grams
Aluminum CODE1: 4.0 grams
Aluminum Dietz: 3.0 grams
Aluminum Anti-Yo: 4.7 grams
Aluminum Mini Disk: 4.8 grams
Aluminum Disk: 7.2 grams
Nickel Plated Disk: 7.4 grams
Aluminum Sakura: 2.9 grams

Brass Ultra Light: 5.2 grams
Brass Lego: 5.8 grams
Brass Dome: 6.6 grams
Brass Spike: 7.2 grams
Brass Dietz: 6.7 grams
Brass CODE1: 9.5 grams

2 Likes

BYYS hitting Yoyocommunity soon…? Sweeeeeeeet!

Save your pennies guys. Me and Jake have the protos $ covered… I will still pass one around to the team. But there are to be NO excuses in regards to spending 5 bucks to ship to the next team member when your time is up.
I will expect feedback in regards to this yoyo. I want to know what you think about it, and what you hope from it.
Nobody has even commented on this since I posted the final CAD drawings. :
I hope you guys realize that if all goes well with these, we plan to get funding and make a full run, We already have an “In” with YYC ASIDE from the string sales, as I spoke with Tony last night about it. So if this goes good, and I get solid feedback and funding, BYYS Vitality will be in yoyocommunity. That is a big thing to me guys, and should be to all of you, as you are part of what encompasses BYYS.
(I’m not trying to sound like a you know what,and please, do not take this too offensively ( :stuck_out_tongue: ), but nobody from our team donated, with the exception of Jake of course, I’m just kinda shocked, considering at least 4 people who will never even see it,much less physically hold it, throw it, or even hear of it again, donated. I know, yadadada, we are all broke. I know. Everyone is. )

Holy darn
I didn’t even see those.
It looks like one heck of a yoyo man!
And you guys got the cost done?
WOW

I admire the drive and creativity you guys display. That’s rare. I hope it’s a huge success!

Thanks man :slight_smile: Josh has been working his booty off getting this done. I bought one for myself, and even convinced my two machining teachers to donate $25 each to the cause, because it benefits our yoyo club at the hobby shop! Josh has been making some sacrifices and I’m so glad we got it done! If all goes well they should be in our hands by the end of June. I probably will do the blasting, as my dad has a soda blaster and blasting cabinet. Just some more info!

1 Like

I took too long to pull the trigger on Josh’s Addiction, but I’m glad the funding came through. The design and the specs look great. Can’t wait to see how it comes out!

2 Likes

The Vitality Update:

6-8 Week delay on Machining, attempting to pay more to get them done faster. But for everyone’s knowledge: The Vitality is OFFICIALLY IN QUEUE at Foxland Precision’s (Alvin’s) Machine Shop :slight_smile:
Landon helped with my design and made it SO much better, as I am no CAD expert. Discussion’s went back and forth between Landon and Alvin in regards to the design, David from One Drop made any info needed to Alvin to machine the Side Effects.

Here it is again if anyone has not seen it yet :slight_smile:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/XxSuBtLexxPaInxX/Vitality%20Finish/Vitality1_zpsb1c3fec2.jpg