OFFICIAL One Drop YoYos Thread: *Win a free 54*

I want to introduce our new patent pending hub/axle technology that will be first available in our full size yo-yo and in other yo-yos in the future.

The idea here is that the hubs are replaceable/switchable. There are all kinds of possibilities.

Here is a matador spike:

Here what the actual parts look like:

Each type of hub has a different weight so you can either be thinking in terms of a weight adjustment, play preference, aesthetics or a combination in how you set yours up.

Will there be different colors to match yoyos?
Or will it be the same bronze color…
GREAT IDEA THOUGH, I’ll be sure to get a One Drop soon ;D

Brass is the perfect material for the job but we are investigating other materials finishes as possibilities.

This doesn’t seem that fancy or new. It barely even does anything remotely useful. I could also see some problems for people who swap their hubs too much.

Good try One Drop, better luck next time.

I disagre with this. They are something new. Imagine being able to change your yoyo from being hubstacked to killer spikes?!?! Then putting on some z stacks and then switching to the normal post giving you more room for thumb grinds. This is a great idea and it is new. Good job one drop. Just keep those yoyo’s dead smooth. Gooooo one drop!

wow…nice works. I am a newbie in yoyoing. I just thinking the same thing yesterday. it’ll awesome to have one of them :3

You’d think a modder like yourself would appreciate a design that allows everyone to mod their yo-yo easily. Perhaps you don’t quite yet understand how it works.

Let’s try and be a little less critical and a little more supportive of manufacturers trying to do new or different things. They never said this was “revolutionary” - manufacturers need all the support the yo-yo community can give them to try new things and move in new directions. Things like this may not “change the game” but can definitely lead to other new ideas down the road or just improve on products already in production.

Cool stuff David and One Drop!

I think it’s a cool and new idea. Good job One-Drop! I never saw a forum expert in such a bad mood before. Maybe mrcnja was just in a bad mood, I don’t know, whatever.

I don’t like patents. :-[
Guess anything can be patented if you foot the bill.

Axle system isn’t new.
Modular side-caps aren’t new.

Just the idea to use different weighted side-caps to change the feel… or something, which isn’t really new.

I think it is awesome how there are different weights.

Where you have seen this axle system before?

^Kind of what I was thinking^

Anyway,

Guys, let’s stop criticizing this new Axle system. I think it looks pretty cool. Could this be an oppurtunity for everybody to be able to buy one yoyo, and have it come wth a kit so you customize it the way you like it weighted? Something to think about. The fact that you can give the yoyo more or less center weight is a huge step in a more player friendly era of yoyos.

I will certainly be picking one up, regardless of what haters say.

I have seen such a yo-yo before. The FHZ has been seen with stock hubs, matador spikes, and stacks.

However, what is cool and new is the fact that all those parts are pre-made for the customer. I guess I just don’t use hubstacks or matador spikes at all so the ability to add either feels more like a gimmick to me. I am sure that someone will enjoy them. The ability to add or remove weight from the hubs is somewhat against the grain of normal thinking, but it could lead to a very different feeling yo-yo.

I wasn’t trying to bash the product or the manufacturer; I was just giving an honest opinion. Although I can see that I was in the wrong for saying that “It barely even does anything remotely useful.”

I think if one drop can make these new throws good quality, pretty, smooth, at a reasonable price and easy to change, eeryone will be happy!

You’re talking about modding the hub on those FHZs which is a lot different than having a system that allows the yoyo owner to easily change the hub any time (not everyone knows how to mod and those FHZs are permanently in one state). And the options aren’t just limited to what I’ve described so far. So yeah it’s new :slight_smile:

In order to enter you have to subscribe to our Facebook page and you will find the details there. Yes, the goal is to get you to subscribe to our Facebook page :slight_smile:

This is what the winner will get: