Odd places you’ve practiced throwing

Just remember to be safe!

2 Likes

You kidding. The camerawill be near the edge but i definitely will not be lmao. Is crap myself lol

2 Likes

I threw in a graveyard once.

3 Likes

What’s story behind that? Do tell!

1 Like

I hang out there sometimes, so I figured why not.:thinking:

2 Likes

No batteries, electricity, or wi-fi needed! Like the slogan: “Make the simple amazing”!

1 Like

One night I was really tired and I laid down on my bed and started throwing forward passes up toward my ceiling with one of my loopers, but this thread got me thinking about whether it’s possible to do horizontal in that position. The tricks I imagine would look a lot like normal 1A with breakaway throws, but would have a very different feel. Too bad I haven’t yet learned horizontal, otherwise I would try it! Maybe someone else has already tried it, though?

3 Likes

Hmmm. A new style - reclining! I morbidly think about what would happen if I end up bed-ridden…could I still yoyo? I think it’s possible but with some limitations.

3 Likes

It’s good for the skilled but lazy yoyo player too!

2 Likes

Total Artist started this with begleri at one point! I am sofa king! Sounds pretty rad. I’m not sure how I would feel about trying it, though it does sound hardcore!

1 Like

I am a school bus driver. So when I’m waiting for my kids to come out of the building, I like to throw outside the bus. Or, if the weather is bad, inside the bus.

4 Likes

Yeah, and I’m definitely not the guy to start a reclined 1A trend since I can’t do horizontal 1A standing up yet, let alone laying down. I’d want to make sure I had the utmost control doing horizontal standing before I tried it because it sounds like a good way to lose some teeth.

2 Likes

I still remember my school bus driver, Floyd, very fondly. It’s cool you throw where you do! Have kids ever seen or asked questions? Any stories to share?

1 Like

I just tried horizontal laying down. It was okay, the angle is obviously kind of odd so it would take a bit to get used to. I would need a good way to snap start the yoyo while laying down as well :+1:

3 Likes

There are odd places to yoyo? Who would have thought!? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Whenever I stand outside, the kids have started to pull out their yoyos and throw with me. Once, I had a friend of mine come over to my school. He is 100 times better than I am. For a few minutes he showed the kids some pretty amazing tricks.

3 Likes

First of all: WH0TH3MAN? YOU TH3 MAN for giving that a try, haha! Secondly, I’m not sure about an easy way to snap start a yoyo from that position. Is there a way to snap start from regular horizontal? Although I’m largely ignorant of how to do horizontal, so feel free to school me if I miss the mark, it seems to me that the hard part is going to be getting enough spin out of the yoyo to keep it stable while you find a way to bind it. Since you have to keep the yoyo constantly moving and moving fairly quickly, stability will be an issue for a horizontal snap-start. There might be a way to set up a rip cord-like start up like what you do with a responsive yoyo in stop and go/stop go restart, or whatever they’re calling that trick these days.

4 Likes

It might take some technique from spin top launches to achieve this! It is plausible! Imagine 5A like this!

1 Like

For me that would be double the chances of a fat lip.

Somehow this makes me think of the sideways scenes game on “Whose Line is it Anyway?” I kind of thought it looks ridiculous as the basis for a comedy sketch, but maybe something like this would look really cool for yoyoing?

2 Likes

Most definitely!