Nsk gold plated?

Hey guys,so I ordered an nsk gold plated bearing from here,I’m curious has anyone used one and if so are good??I’m assuming they are good, it was expensive for a bearing lol, should be here today, im gonna put it in my edge

2 Likes

I’ve had one in my main throw for a couple weeks now, really like it. Smooth and quiet, haven’t had any issues.

5 Likes

Hi! I have purchased 2 of these bad boys. One for my edge beyond and the other for my igloo. They indeed are amazing! So far they are getting better over time for me. I wanted to say that I did have some tough love with one of them. I was playing with my igloo for a couple weeks before and I was convinced that the yoyo was cursed with messing up my bearings. Pretty much seizing instantly… and with 2 other bearings… so I was nervous to throw the NSK on. It was great and what it should have been for the first day I would say but then!!! All of a sudden it was happening. Bearing locked up but I put it in lighter fluid for a few and then once cleaned and dried I added a touch of v4m? The onedrop lube and it’s now quieter then my other NSK… anywayyy, love the bearing and I plan on getting more. As well as them Dif-e o’s👌🏽

7 Likes

Great bearing but I prefer to get the NSK platinum’s instead of the gold. The gold wears off really quick (doesn’t affect the performance) and makes it look just like the platinum ones anyway!

3 Likes

Didn’t the edge beyond come with an nsk bearing

1 Like

Yes it did. Just not a gold plated one!

1 Like

The beyond…I miss mine …:tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

I’ve had mine since Octoberish, whenever the yoyo came out and the gold has not worn off yet

1 Like

Perhaps there’s something in the air in some places. I’ve had a bunch of gold plated NSK bearings and they all die quickly. A quick clean can bring some back to life but the plating comes off and jams the bearing. I have shipped all the OP 543s with gold KK shaped NSKs and I’m sending out replacement NSK DS Plats to replace them.

Maybe I’m unlucky. I haven’t had anyone complain (actually only compliments) but I’d rather make sure everyone is happy, even if they don’t have the time/will/courage to complain to me directly.

I’m not saying all gold NSK bearings are bad, just that your results may vary and I won’t be using them again. To those who do buy them, I hope they’re wonderful.

3 Likes

I dislike ceramic bearings for similar reasons, they are just too tweaky to be worth the effort.

1 Like

I’ve had some luck with hybrid ceramics (the MFD TT bearings to be specific) but no luck with full ceramic bearings.

again, YRMV

1 Like

there it is!! NSK gold plated CT!

2 Likes