Non yoyo photography

I :heart: the last 2

1 Like

Thanks! Guessing it might have something to do with that big sky.

If you’re interested I can hang on to it for you. I recently upgraded and don’t need two bodies; I was thinking of eventually listing it on eBay but I’m in no hurry.

And absolutely no pressure - if you decide it’s not for you just shoot me a PM and I’ll sell it elsewhere :+1:

1 Like

definitely will! Nikons are good, right? my sister has a $700 Nikon and it’s a beast lol.

1 Like

Depends on if you’re asking a Nikon owner or a Canon owner LOL. But yes; I think so. I bought another one after all!

The D90 was a fantastic camera that I think still holds its own. It was my first DSLR after learning on a Nikon FE film camera in school. I used it quite a bit for a few years after graduation and then photography kindof got shelved as life got in the way. Getting back into it a little later in life (with a larger toy budget) I decided to upgrade because… well I wanted a new toy!

You most definitely don’t have to take my word for it though. Just like with yoyos there are lots and lots of reviews and suggestions out there to read if you have time and interest. And like others have said on here - it’s not the gear that makes a good photographer. You can take amazing pictures with any ol’ camera you can get your hands on.

I put the D90 in the drawer for now. If I get itchy to sell it in the next few months I’ll let you know.

1 Like

i’ve used my sister’s Nikon and it was an absolute pleasure. This might be because i haven’t used any nicer or worse cameras then her’s so it just seems nice to me lol. Is your D90 right handed? I can’t tell because sometimes photos mirror when we upload them here, i guess it doesn’t really matter but it’d be nice to have a right handed (because i’m right handed lol).

1 Like

As far as know all dslr cameras follow a similar form factor that puts most of your controls on the right side, and there is no lefty models. Anyway I got a drone recently and been messing with that.

6 Likes

Yep, @witchgrinder is correct; they’re all right handed; the shutter release button is operated with the right hand.

2 Likes

I played with smoke instead of yoyos today.

14 Likes

Creeping in with some moon shots from a Sony a7III with a 200-600mm lens. The first one was done at 10 in the morning.

14 Likes

Beautiful photos!

1 Like

11 Likes

I’ve been really having fun with photography this year.

Glacier National Park, MT

Memphis Botanical Garden, TN

Badlands, SD

13 Likes

Rented a 70-200 for a wedding a couple weeks ago, wish it timed out to be a full moon when I had it, but here’s the best one I got while I did.

10 Likes

Honestly half and quarter moons are nice to get because of the definition you get on the craters from the shadows.

4 Likes

A better photographer would have made this look way better but it was a fantastic backdrop

10 Likes

Took this last night. Wanted to capture the car going past.

8 Likes

Brothers
(My wife actually took this one)

13 Likes

That’s pretty intense and cats can be unpredictable. Sometimes cats take very close eye contact as a threat or at least do not like it in some situations. I keep thinking this cats right paw is going to rise and strike the baby’s cheek.

2 Likes

The cat mostly just avoids him, but this was a random instance he came up to sniff his face lol

2 Likes