3 Likes

strays under my house so yes and no

3 Likes

12 Likes

Sometimes life gets a little Orchid

10 Likes

:flushed: lovely

2 Likes

Here’s a few more. I’m not much of a photographer but sometimes I actually, accidently, get a pic that I like. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

want to get into photography, don’t want to spend $700 on a good camera, any good cheaper options out there? will to spend up to $200 i’d say?

2 Likes

You can do a lot with just your phone camera as long as you are paying attention to composition and lighting.

I’m not sure spending $200 on a camera AND lens is going to get you much.

2 Likes

how much more is a decent lens?

2 Likes

$700 is actually on the lower end (considering lenses). You can get a Canon Rebel for like $400 which is good entry level DSLR, and then a thrifty fifty (f/1.8 50mm lens) for like $125.
This may sound expensive, but this is about as cheap as it goes in the world of cameras. There are camera bodies and lenses that cost thousands of dollars.

3 Likes

@shatterFX Congrats on the baby! Enjoy the experience, it goes way too fast.

@PCaliyoyos If you have a decent smart phone you can get good shots. If you’re looking to learn how to use a camera look into a used dslr with a kit lens. places like Adorama or BnH or even if you have photogaphy stores near you will have used stuff that can get you pretty far. Just note when buy used every company has their own grading scale for the condition of the equipment so really make sure you know what your getting so you don’t end up with something busted. also take the time to learn the basics. Knowing how your shutter speed, apature, and ISO all work together will take you a lot further in enjoying the hobby.

2 Likes

Thanks dude!

And to kinda expand on what you said at the end, just like with yoyoing, your skill and experience will take you further than what yoyo, or camera, you’re using.

2 Likes

Very much so, it’s why a still have my Rebel after upgrading to the Canon RP last year. Heck the moon picture at the start of this thread is done with a Nikon CoolPix.

2 Likes

thank you! i’ll definitely look into all of this, i appreciate it!

2 Likes

Wildlife while mountain biking. Tarantulas here can run 15mph and jump 20ft! :scream: It’s a dangerous world!

8 Likes

I’m late in posting this reply, but I have a Nikon D90 with the 18-105mm kit lens if you’re still interested in getting a DSLR on the cheap. I’d say it’s in excellent condition, and the shutter count is currently at 9.5k.
It’s an older camera, but I’ve never been disappointed by it. I’ll ship it to you for $200 PP G&S.

4 Likes

wow!!! i don’t have the money right now and frankly don’t know when i will but i’d love to save for it and if it is still available when i have the money i’ll let you know. :smiley:

1 Like

A year ago today I went way up the Ruby River in southwestern Montana to its headwaters. Fishing wasn’t great because of late peak flows, but the photos tell it all about the experience. A prime place to social distance before that was a mainstream thing (I’ve always loved my personal space).

8 Likes