Non-Video Gingie Reviews & Tierlist

I do have one! It’s on the list, I just have a massive backlog of things to add.

Full Upcoming List:
UNPRLD Recog
Karasu
Duncan Orbital GTX 2.0
YYF Edge Ultimatum
TP Cetus
ZGRT Don
UNPRLD Flash
CLYW x Luftverk Plastic Peak
YYF Rockstar
YYF 7075 Pragma
JT Jugemu

Yoyorecreation | MN Autoscopy | A-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 56mm
Width - 43mm
Weight - 67g
Materials - Aluminum (Likely 6061)

Super fast, powerful, maneuverable, and fun. Solid and stable. Feels more solid and comfy in the hand than the Cyber Crash. Zontals a bit better than the Cyber Crash as well.

Play: Competitive

Power: Powerful
Speed: Fast
Controllability: Average
Stability: Solid

Value: Bad
Bind: Average
Sturdiness: Average

14 Likes

Just saw yesterday UNPRLD said they arent releasing any more recog colorways and that they have Nate Dailey and Junsang Park yoyos coming out in that price range. Looking forward to seeing those.

4 Likes

Honestly, same. These both sound exciting.

:fire: UNPRLD | Recognition | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 55mm
Width - 45.8mm
Weight - 66.45g
Materials - 7075 Aluminum

#1 recommend for a comp monometal right now. The giver that keeps on giving. Thrashes zontals, speed, zoning, and tech. Solid binds. Would be SS-Tier if it was slightly more comfy on the catch, less ugly, and had just a bit more maneuverability. $45 for this level of performance w/ 7075 is awesome.

Value: Good
Sturdiness: Play Hard

14 Likes

How? All the sharp cuts? The rim?

ugly :sob:

Because it’s the least relevant thing to actually matter, I just thought it’d be funny to include :troll:

Lewi V. | Karasu | A-tier

Specs:
Diameter - 55mm
Width - 46mm
Weight - 67g
Materials - 6061 Alu Body + SS Rims

Plays awesome. Super comfy in the hand. A bit reluctant, but overall really maneuverable and controllable despite the weight. Has power but the power is short-lived. Needs a tiny bit more spin time imo and it could be something great. Not as stable as it could be.

Play: Everyone

Speed: Slow
Controllability: Easy
Stability: Gentleness Advised

Value: Average

12 Likes

My same thoughts when I had the chance to try one. Pretty solid though and a unique design!

2 Likes

Duncan | Orbital GTX 2.0 | A-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 55.92mm
Width - 44.97mm
Weight - 66.6g
Materials - 6061 Aluminum Body w/ SS Rims

Good, but basic. Have a hard time picking it up over the Grasshopper 2. Literally don’t have anything else to say.

Speed: Average
Stability: Built Different

Value: Insane

10 Likes

Even after all those years this is one of the best monometal out there, I do really love it, play a bit on the heavy side but is packed up with spin time and performance.
About the look I think it is about tastes I do find it cool honestly and the price is amazing!

1 Like

Agree. It’s great.

Yoyofactory | Edge Ultimatum | A-tier

Specs:
Diameter - 58.09mm
Width - 51.42mm
Weight - 63.6g
Materials - 6061 Aluminum

A bit much. Crazy good but, as I said, a bit much. A bit wide, a bit big, a bit fast, etc. Performance of the edge but way more maneuverable and fast. Like, crazy fast. It weighs 63g but honestly feels as light as 62g. If you’re trying to just go absolutely crazy with your tricks, this is the yoyo to do it on. It’s good at everything, but it’s just… So much. Slightly sharp and certifiably: slippy. Could be an all-time goat if it wasn’t so big, fast, uncontrollable, slippy… etc.

Speed: Speed Demon
Controllability: Difficult

Value: Bad
Bind: Slippy

7 Likes

what about the agressor?

He’s gonna put Aggressor in SSS tier

2 Likes

What @andy569 said. More stuff will be revealed about the Aggressor later tho and in another thread.

Next review.

Turning Point | Cetus | B-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 52.97mm
Width - 42.76mm
Weight - 65.7g
Materials - Titanium (Grade 2?)

Powerful, small, and very dense feeling. Way too expensive and hard to find to justify tho. Horrendous value. If you want to flex, hunt it down. Avoid if you dislike dense feeling yoyos.

Power: Horse-Kick
Speed: Slow
Stability: Average

Value: :skull_and_crossbones: TERRIBLE :skull_and_crossbones:
Sturdiness: Metal Baseball

7 Likes

What is this supposed to mean?

That it’s durable.

ZGRT | The Don - Brasi Edition | A-tier

Specs:
Diameter - 54.7mm
Width - 44.1mm
Weight - 63.72g(?)
Materials - 7068 Body + Brass Rims

Sleeper A-Tier yoyo. Has solid power and speed for something so small and round. Definitely didn’t expect this to be as good as it is. Doesn’t have much of a rimweighted sensation. Very very pleasantly surprised

Stability: Average

Value: Good
Bind: Tight

11 Likes

Fantastic yoyo, well deserved A tier placement.

Yeah just like D2 v1

Speaking of

:fire: Edition Yoyos | D2 v1 | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 55mm
Width - 46mm
Weight - 66g
Materials - 6061 + SS Rings

This yoyo does not weigh 66g. I do not believe it for a second. Even with these series of screenshots. Just remember Edition is a photographer. He knows how to professionally edit photos. No but actually though, this yoyo is extremely deceptive in the way it plays. Kinda like a lighter-feeling 6061 Galaxy Diver. Nice and powerful, really maneuverable, and extremely controllable. Super good for zontals as well. I can see why a new version was made, but honestly, I think this version is more than adequate. $100 for this is solid.

Speed: Average
Controllability: Easy

10 Likes

Truly an honor to be listed among the S-tier designs. Glad you enjoyed it and I can’t wait to send over V2 for your follow up thoughts.

3 Likes

Another S-tier joining the ranks

:fire: UNPRLD | Flash | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 56.55mm
Width - 42.1mm
Weight - 64.54g
Materials - 6061 Aluminum Body + SS Rings

Performance monster, maybe could use some minor tweaks. The rims are way narrow and it looks really skinny. Definitely a lean but mean yoyo. Oldheads stay away as you’ll definitely dislike it. Really fast, really powerful, while still remaining controllable. Tight asf binds too.

Bind: Tight

9 Likes