Non-Video Gingie Reviews & Tierlist

It’s 7075.

I’m planning on doing one for it.

Source? I’ve seen it listed on a Japanese site as 6061. Unless they somehow how got the wrong info.

In any case I’m still excited for the review.

I think Justin’s website said 6061 too

justin dauer’s site lists it as 7075, so i’d be more willing to bet that rewind just got it wrong

1 Like

Justin Dauer is my source.

Rewind probably has it wrong because of the recent overhaul.

3 Likes

Ah gotchas. Glad more places are using 7075

3 Likes

I don’t really like the trend of yoyos going wider

6 Likes

Welcome to the future. All roads lead to diabolo.

15 Likes

Yeah same. Since I started playing more 5a I’ve really started seeing the value of the 7XXX alloys.

1 Like

7075 is awesomesauce

:fire: Duncan | Evolve | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 55.85mm
Width - 50.17
Weight - 65.7g
Materials - 7075 Alu

Copped this at Worlds, I kept hassling Justin on when this was dropping.

It’s… good! At everything :slight_smile:

No, but for real lol the yoyo is really good.

Evolve is a very maneuverable, slightly quick paced, but nothing crazy. Compared to other options in this performance tier it’s a bit more middle-of-the-road regarding power, not lacking in the slightest but it definitely doesn’t kick as hard as some other yoyos.

The binds piss me off though, I think I get this yoyo to bind about 20% of the time with alphaline.

Between this and the Wilderness, this is a bit less heavy feeling and a bit more maneuverable. Compared to how the Wilderness feels powerful this feels a bit more average (in regards to power).

Play: Competitive

Power: Average
Speed: Average
Controllability: Easy
Stability: Built Different

Value: Good
Bind: Some Slip
Sturdiness: Metal Baseball

14 Likes

Ok I run Alphaline too and experience the EXACT same thing with the stock red pads installed. Binds are definitely iffy but besides that (or rather in spite of that) it is still my favorite monometal.

2 Likes

These aren’t widely released yet, are they? I’ve only seen them on Japanese online shops.

1 Like

Justin also released a few himself on a personal store.

2 Likes

Good thing they’re so cheap and easy to replace. If a yoyo comes with bad pads or a bad bearing it’s annoying but doesn’t factor into my overall feeling for the yoyo.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t know he had his own site. Dang, the red ones are sold out.

:fire: Yoyorecreation | Upheaval | S-tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 56.5mm
Width - 45mm
Weight - 65.5g
Materials - 7075(?) Alu body w/ SS Rims

A worthy successor to the Draupnir in a properly “modern” fashion in all ways but width. A shift away from the old-age preference towards speed and maneuverability that the Draupnir had in favor of more power and raw capability for modern, more strenuous tricks.

Play: Competitive

Power: Powerful
Speed: Average
Controllability: Easy
Stability: Built Different

Value: Bad
Bind: Average
Sturdiness: Average

8 Likes

While I like the Pheasant monometal as my most favorite monometal, the Shine and Graviton:Y are like very close second and third in my Yoyofriends collection. There are special where I bought most of the colorways with each yoyo to date.

1 Like

This thing is such a good throw, I’ve been loving mine. Comparing it side by side against the Draup you can definitely feel the trade from blistering speed to more stability and a more easily controlled pace (though the sharp V shape does still lend itself to speed if needed).

One surprising thing to me about it is it’s probably the best yo-yo I’ve tried for rejections. You hardly need to push the string off plane at all for it to fly out with some conviction lol.

It’s definitely 7075 fyi, aside from stuff like the Rebellion and AE lines, YYR always uses 7075 aluminium.

2 Likes

This is interesting and makes me want to try one hmmm…I like rejections :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not all time, OD made, regular monometal line (lil savage, Monotone, GPPR, etc) and one run of Valkyrie use 6061. There is an exceptional new mono throw Hope get 7075.

1 Like