Non-Video Gingie Reviews & Tierlist

Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.

(I probably will that yoyo is really good)

The Dinosaur in the Wild won the vote so I’m starting off with that

:star: W1LD | Dinosaur in the Wild | SS-Tier :star:

Specs:
Diameter - 57.01mm
Width - 53.07mm
Weight - 64.5g
Materials - 6061 Alu Body w/ Titanium Rims

Sampled this at Worlds.

Simply put: The best yoyo I have ever played with.

It was like it was fine-tuned in every little way to be fun and performant. It’s a yoyo designed with competition in mind but absolutely no one should sleep on at least trying this if someone brings it to a local club. In play, I could not find a single drawback that made me think “Nah this needed more work.” W1ld and C3 deserve Michelin stars for how well they cooked this yoyo.

The most pleasantly maneuverable yoyo I’ve ever played with. More than capable for zontals. Handily powerful. Directly controllable. Width didn’t bother me either.

The width may be a hindrance for you if you prefer more narrow yoyos.

The only drawback I was able to find is the price and the name. That’s it.

The only reason I didn’t cop this yoyo instantly was because the $200 price point was nearly half of my yoyo budget. (And I’m still on the fence about if I regret this.)

Play: Competitive

Power: Powerful
Speed: Average
Controllability: Direct Control
Stability: Built Different

Value: Bad
Bind: Average
Sturdiness: Play Hard

EDIT: Sizeable list shakeup

(SS-Tier)
Absurdity > S-Tier

(S-Tier)
2014 Sleipnir, Dune, Boost, R4, Monometal Pheasant > A-Tier, Hydro Crash > SS-Tier

(A-Tier)
Wyvern, OG Edge, Pragma, 7075 Pragma > B-Tier, Invictus > C-Tier, Essence > S-Tier

(B-Tier)
Typo, Peach, Aventus, Protostar, Wedge 2.0 > C-Tier

22 Likes

Wide boy.

I wonder what the widest yoyo made is

1 Like

Big yo is 68mm wide

1 Like

This is physically impossible. It’s like dividing by zero.

Seriously though is it that wide!?! Have you played it?

I never played one, but it basically ended up just becoming an off string yoyo lol. Was used to win worlds a few times in 4a.

2 Likes

Moving R4 to A-tier was based. It’s a super fun yoyo with decent capability, but the stability feels slightly too lacking imo for a competition throw. Spin time is also mediocre but definitely usable.

1 Like

Canopy | Canopy (Al) | B-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 54.9mm
Width - 46mm
Weight - 65.3g
Materials - 6061 Alu

Sampled this at worlds.

If this yoyo was 56mm I think it would’ve gone down as an all-time goat. As is it’s good, fast, and maneuverable; but it lacks the power and spin force to get it over the edge for me.

Play: Everyone

Power: Average
Speed: Fast
Controllability: Average
Stability: Average

Bind: Tight
Sturdiness: Average

15 Likes

Called it!

1 Like

Essence in S-tier, heck yeah, finally realized how good that shiitt is

:fire: W1LD | Adrenaline | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 55mm
Width - 50mm
Weight - 65.9g
Materials - 6061 Alu Body w/ PC Rings and SS Rims

Sampled this at Worlds.

Probably the most hyped yoyo at the W1LD booth. Pretty much everyone wanted to try this yoyo the second we walked onto the venue: And a LOT of people really loved it.

I definitely preferred some other options, but the Adrenaline stands out as the fastest yoyo I’ve ever played with. Insanely good in every other regard as well. The biggest drawback is that the yoyo was unwieldy and the build makes it questionable in regards to its sturdiness.

W1LD was on a roll at Worlds if you couldn’t tell. And I’ve only done two of their yoyos.

Power: Average
Speed: Speed Demon
Controllability: Difficult
Stability: Average

Value: Average
Sturdiness: Be Gentle

18 Likes

Honest! I love it!

I wasn’t sure what to think looking at the specs but this absolutely tracks!

I really didn’t emphasize enough that the Adrenaline is the fastest yoyo I’ve ever played with

Anyways onto the Super Scintillator

C3Yoyodesign | Super Scintillator | B-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 58.02mm
Width - 58.2mm
Weight - 65g
Materials - 6061 Alu Body w/ PC Rings and SS Rims

Sampled this at Worlds.

Performance wise: it’s a good yoyo! I can’t really think of any major criticisms in regard to the performance.

But maaaan the design is WILD. It’s experimental with the trimaterial build and it very much challenges the current design ethos by being so BIG at 58x58 so it’s definitely harder to pallet even for people who may have more “modern” tastes.

Honestly, I could feasibly put this yoyo in A or even S-tier, but based purely on how polarizing I think it could be I just had to drop it. A tough sell is a tough sell. I definitely recommend giving this yoyo a college try at the very least. I liked it.

I definitely think the shape can be tweaked away from the sorta U-shape of the Scintillator. Something more in line with the shape of the Savage would’ve made this yoyo a bit more palatable I think.

Controllability: Easy
Stability: Solid

Sturdiness: Be Gentle

Sidenote: I played with the Yomega Pro X2 it sucks. Instant F-tier.

15 Likes

It’s such an amazing yo-yo, the price tag just gets me, but judging what it offers it makes up for it, when it releases in clear I’m getting it!

1 Like

100% agree :+1:

This is fair. C3 typically cooks but i tried this and it was kinda weird, not in a bad way but just not overwhelmingly amazing as the typical C3. Thank you for your detailed review as always!

1 Like

W1LD is about to pop off on this list btw. Just a heads-up of what’s to come when I eventually get to them.

Japan Technology | Jugemu '24 | A-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 56.36mm
Width - 51.88mm
Weight - 66.4g
Materials - 6061 Alu

Sampled at worlds.

More performant than the old Jugemu but it’s just odd, which is bad coming from the old Jugemu which was already odd. So janky. Does weird things in play. Not very controllable. Strange pacing. Also, the shape change is just bleh. At least they’re public about the material.

Controllability: Difficult
Stability: Built Different

Sturdiness: Average

8 Likes

How is that yoyo A-tier then. Sounds like you’re describing the comic sans except the performant part.

8 Likes

The difference is JT took an already performant yoyo and made it more performant lol. Comic Sans is a joke.

:star: W1LD | Wilderness (7075) | SS-Tier :star:

Specs:
Diameter - 57.97mm
Width - 52mm
Weight - 66g
Materials - 7075 Alu

Sampled at Worlds, then regretted not buying it so I traded for it.

The epitome of the modern competitive monometal. Bigger usually doesn’t mean better but in this case… It does, boys.

Nicely powerful, highly controlled yoyo. Bit unpleasant for rail combos, but it handles well for when you just wanna hit your tricks but fast. An absolute monster for zoning and zontals.

Tech players might be conflicted, if you prefer tighter more dense mounts where the yoyo weaves between string gaps you might be averse to this. If you have a lot of swinging slacks and whips to catch, you may love this yoyo. Overall I haven’t had a problem with either though.

Everyone should at least try this yoyo.

Controllability: Easy
Stability: Solid

Sturdiness: Play Hard

25 Likes

Can you do a review for duncan evolve? Since its also a wide mono i think you can compare it to wilderness 7075 based on philip’s review he said its also 7075 and he really likes it so it must be so goooood

I think Evolve is 6061