so, i know if i spin the yoyo horizontal and land it centered on my finger, it is called a fingerspin - the finger is staying in the same spot on the yoyo.

but what is it called when the yoyo is at an angle and the finger is not centered - so the yoyo is basically grinding across the finger? it looks close to a fingerspin, but the mechanics seem a bit different and i wasn’t sure if was still called a fingerspin.


There is kind of a gray area as to what some call a finger spin and thumb grind (or whatever you want to call it on another finger).

When you said nomenclature, I instantly thought of the chapters we did in O-Chem than are named that.

If the yoyo is horizontal (or close to it) it’s usually called a fingerspin.

Cool, thanks