No Jive String?

What string comes stock with the No Jive? It is a nice string.

Haven’t purchased one recently, but they came w/cotton string before. I’m going to go out on a limb and say they still do. IMO they play best w/cotton.

You can test it when it’s time to change it. Use a lighter or a match on one end. If it just burns to an ash it’s cotton. Anything else will appear to melt. You can also get an indication by how long it lasts. Cotton will wear quickly and be prone to breaking, probably at the finger loop.

Cotton. I think a type 8 from the feel of it.
I really like the yye type ten personally.

Thanks, I’m sure it is cotton, I like it better than the cotton string I have. Looks like I need to keep a look out for type 10 to get restocked here.

A lot of people use type 8 too.
You can even go as low as type 6.

Ed uses type 8 last I heard. I like the 10 because it lasts a little longer.

Thanks. I’m looking for something a bit on the thick side for my 2015 eH. I would like it to be a bit more responsive at neutral string tension. I found some cotton twine and may try making my own string…down the slippery slope I go :anguished:

Haha. May the force be with you.

If you want to try out some type 10, PM me and we can trade some strings.

I use type 10 on the eH. The YYE stuff (when it’s available) is really solid fixed axle string.
Twisting your own is also really fun, but mileage may vary depending on what’s available for you to use.

Thanks, Ed. I can’t say I’m expecting the greatest from home made (at least from my first shot at home made). I might try making some, but, as of now, I like to spend my “play time” playing yoyo, not making string. Maybe that will change and I will wind up becoming “cotton yoyo string King”…but, it seems more likely I will remain court jester.

All TK yo-yo’s including the No-Jive come with the same string: 100% #8 Egyptian Cotton strings 8)

We have a fabric store nearby that is going out of business. They were stocking spools of cotton thread that would be able to make Type 10 string. I’m debating whether or not to stop and get a spool…

There was a thing on Ed’s blog a few years ago where he and some others wound their own strings for a year I think.