No Jive Question

Saw this on the auction site. Couple questions.

It’s says the Batik is “ball bearing yoyo”; is this correct???

Also, is the Nordik 1 Wood Rocks a no jive or something else?

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s correct. I have this Batik and it has a bearing and turbo discs.

The Wood Rocks is a fixed axle (three-piece glued construction, I believe). The one I have has a simple logo printed on the face instead of this laser engraving.

1 Like

Lol “No Jive 3” facepalm…

The “No Jive 3” was an idea of Tom and Brad’s to make a bearing version of the No Jive. (Tom always considered the 3-in-1 No Jive the “No Jive 2” since his initial releases were the non take-apart Maple Leafs and the subsequent “San Francisco” woodies). Regardless, their release of the “No Jive 3” began and ended with the Batik model with art by Oke Rosgana (which is super cool and later ended up on a No Jive too), and ironically, that yo-yo was literally just an unpainted TK/BC Redline yo-yo! So not actually a different model. I love Tom and Brad, but I never considered it a No Jive (closer to Jive lol) and never bothered to snag one.

And yes “Wood Rocks” was the circa-2010 1-piece butterfly fixie released with a bunch of different graphics, both printed and lasered.

9 Likes

I have one of these as well. Brad said it was a test engraving, it’s a little smaller or larger in diameter than the production run. I’ll have to go look at it to remember. :man_shrugging:

The art on it really is fantastic. @rosgana posts here from time to time.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info everyone!!!

2 Likes

Yeah he also did the Mandala 6 & 6.1 art which was lovely.

11 Likes

Those are all so amazingly detailed! The Batik art looks really nice on that No Jive.

I actually got my “No Jive 3” Batik from you a few years ago, @edhaponik !

8 Likes

Crazy! I’d forgotten that!
Ah well, glad it went to someone cool. Really brings me back to all the wild collabs between Dave Hall and TK around that time. So many cool Scarecrow art editions and of course the laminates… maybe my favorite No Jive era (at the risk of sacrilege lol)

7 Likes

yeah… I am not visited this forum every time… hope everyone are Ok here…
big hug from Indonesia

5 Likes

Long time I am not heard about the scarecrow… yeah, he did some art for Dave’s Skill Toys Pog before. This Batik I did in 2007, when Dave asked me for trilogy of Tradition art Theme.

4 Likes